Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Which CPU multiplier to choose?

Overclocking & Computer Modification

Old 26-08-2010

Which CPU multiplier to choose?

Hello,
I have a question if I have a AMD Athlon XP 1700, can I choose the multiplier for free. Now I have another question, whether the 1700 + is the only way to do it or even with other XP we can do the same? If yes, then how? Whether this is also in those with the T-Bred core? Please explain me this? Thank you.

Old 26-08-2010

Re: Which CPU multiplier to choose?

Without unlocking you have no chance with any CPU. Unless you have a motherboard, where the connection to the unlocking of Thoroughbreds is already integrated. I guess this is the only way you can do this. If you know about any other way then please post back even I am interested.
Old 26-08-2010

Most main-boards which can only be 4 Anti-circumventions signals. uses tbred in there construction. Then the fifth signal changes, and it's 1-4 again from the beginning. In the dependence of the default multi cpu will only 5.5-12.5 or 13 and set about it. With suitable (eg A7N8X bios to 1002.001) you can adjust it without assistance all the multis. Otherwise, if the multi area is not the one that you want to like it connects or disconnects the bridge fifth (wireless to connect with pins -> multis 12.5 and under it or disconnect -> multis 13 and upward).
Old 26-08-2010

Actually it is not nonsense. Just what all bigger than Tbred is 2000 + not set below 12.5 multis can not turn around especially. All T-Bred are unlocked! That is, all the L1 bridges are closed! And the bios for (A7N8X, 8RDA +, Abit Nforce 2 etc.) can also be set in the large T-Bred (from XP 2100 +) Multi's under 13 without having to manually do this.
Old 26-08-2010

Have just one web Bissel sniffed, as I would like one next week buy XP2400. Now I'm confused a little bit, I also get the right to overclock. Now have a XP2200 in it and as I read, you can tickle those already. But I'm not so sure if I even can. As I see it if I can a bit of my CPU clocked higher? Or I realize that until I raise the multiplier in the BIOS a bit, and then invented a number of other heart is displayed.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , , ,