Thread: O/C Core i5 and NH U12P

O/C Core i5 and NH U12P

Hello,
    I just received my new gaming PC two weeks ago, and I will shortly receive the HD 5850 and the Noctua NH U12P that go with. I'd like someone to tell me a little about overclocking because I do not know very well there. What I'd like to do would be to overclock my i5 750 to about 4.0 GHz, which, from what I read in several articles is easily achievable with a good motherboard and a good cooler! I would also (possibly) go further, but only to the extent that my system is stable, or it does not lead to an over consumption of energy, and it does not affect the longevity of my components. I have a ASUS Motherboard P7P55D which was purchased for this purpose! It comes with a program that allows me to change the FSB in real time (I tried it once, for the underclocker proc when I saw that easily rose to 75 ° C (with cooler Intel), But the PC froze and I had to cut the juice ) but I do not know what it's worth! Is both a manual for the bios? I would also like to know what temperature you advise me not to exceed? I prefer the durability performance, I do not want to prematurely fatigue to win my CPU 133 MHz. From what I understood after, for O / C on a platform 1156, we must increase the FSB. Would just increase the tension has mounted in the support rate for the system remains stable, it is that? Have you an idea of the tension applied to keep a stable i5 750 has 4.0 GHz, and without any to burn out? It is there to take special precautions before embarking on the inside? Should I activate the turbo mode or other functions of the CPU before the O / C?

Re: O/C Core i5 and NH U12P

I can not answer with certainty only two things:

1) Nothing beats a o / c done manually in the bios. With software, it's more in my test
    2) From the moment you o / c, it heats up, and so it almost certainly reduces the life of your gear. Well after I'm not saying it will burn out in 6 months, but say that your CPU crame in 4years without touching it, then there are risks in crame 3.5ans if you o / c. you take this idea (not sure I was clear )

The temperature does not exceed looked on intel site it should talk about your particular proc, 75 ° C but I seem huge in the original configuration. Actually when you increase the FSB you will see that after a while the pc will be more stable, it is at this moment you have to climb gradually Vcore (CPU voltage) to restore some stability. After that there was no account, which comes into account = must see if the frequency of the ram can track the growth of fsb (but on recent configs I think it is always the case, I a pc 4 years old or more I do not know so I am using above ...). I do not know if hypert transport is still valid on the new configuration but it is a factor to be taken into account for o / c by an old amd 64 as mine then informs you to your intel. For the tension I could not tell you in advance, but try to see if someone does not speak on other forum example, gradually increasing in any way and checking the temperature of the CPU support (for V = + + to C) for each increase you do not take too much risk, that's all I can tell you that I saw again the inexperience in this area! good luck

Okay thank you for your answers!
    I know that O / C will alleviate some of the life of the process, but can be when you arrive at a certain level of life begins to Chutter, like, four years in stock, 3.5 years to 3.6 GHz, then 1.5 years was 4.2 GHz (I give figures cans is just to explain what I meant ) For the RAM I have the OCZ Platinum 1333MHz CAS 7 (and I have a perf index of 7.5/7.9 on Windows 7 32-bit (7.9 being the max)) so I think the ram should follow! I will re learn everywhere, I just wanted me to take a little advance.

Even I do have a similar kind of a question. The bundle of Noctua NH U12P SE2 for which it is written that is compatible with socket 1156 it contains all the parts needed to fix it there or should I buy something to fix it separately? I suppose so but hey I have a doubt. Any help will be except-able. Thank you.