Thread: Core i5 750 heats up fast

Core i5 750 heats up fast

Hello,
    I recently purchased a machine based on an i5 750 on a motherboard asus P7P55D, on which I installed Ubuntu 4.10. I'm pretty happy, except on one point: I feel that way too hot. In typical use (firefox + one or two software), it is already at 55 ° C on average by sensors. I should mention that my widget that lets you adjust the frequency on my dashboard, and it is the "on demand", so most of the time he is at 1.20GHz since I did not intensive use. And the fan always runs at over 2000 rpm. On top of that, just that it runs at speed "normal" 2.66GHz few seconds for the temperature rises to 70°. When I use a little, for example by trying to play Team Fortress 2 with wine, I am approaching 90 °. What exactly should I do now? Please help me with this. Thank you.

Re: Core i5 750 heats up fast

Hello,
    For clarification, it is a new acquisition, of Cygnus? computer mounted or trademark (regardless of brand) If your fan apart then try to clean and raises the processes (heatsink to call of course), the fan and redo a test under the same conditions as you mentioned.

Processes and the new CM, the fan has thermal paste on the end which is normally against the proc, so no need to save. Mounted PC (old box and GC, change CM, proc, RAM, HDD). I do not think this is an old configuration and that the system should get effected by such a configuration.

Personally, I have not kept the original fan, because if you have noticed the heatsink is a joke for the operating temperatures. Your montage is still seen to verify your findings and frank exchange of fan. No changes on 3 config on the basis of the same proc, two are CM ASUS p7q57 and one I skipped, no significant temperature as 65 ° when conditions indecent for the computer I would say.

I can remove the fan and return it properly (if it is not) safe? Apart from that I see quite what to check in the assembly, I was glad to have made a blunder and that it works the first time. I checked the fixing of the fan and I put the default setting in the BIOS, now it looks much better go, it has not exceeded 60 ° in the game and then c is stable at around 42/44 ° office use.