Thread: iBuyPower Gamer Exreme 970SLC Overclocking

iBuyPower Gamer Exreme 970SLC Overclocking

I have a iBuyPower Gamer Extreme 970SLC system and I need some help to overclock the same. I am using Core i7 in that. I had done overclocking on my friends system but as this is a new one so before doing any thing I would will need some highlights on the same. I am playing some games that need higher system support. What your suggestion for the same.

Re: iBuyPower Gamer Exreme 970SLC Overclocking

If the processors are relatively well overclockable then you might does need to worry about the same. Core i7 is a nice processor and quiet a good support is provided for overclocking. It is a Core i7 920 - with 2.66 GHz and a multiplier of 20. You can first run OCCT to check whether your system is stable or not for overclocking. If the system crash then you can leave the same.

I have a similar system with Core i7 support. I had a corsair ram support and this is operated at the 8-9-9-20 timings, the multiplier to the base clock remains constant at four. Thus, a memory clock of 1066 MHz is when the CPU is not overclocked. The issue of cooling is also very important. In principle it is possible to use an air-cooling. Use a good cpu cooler here.

I had upgraded to Core i7 and for the motherboard ultimately, the choice fell on the ASUS Rampage II Extreme. However, this has the background that the other two boards were in use for other tests. Order to have enough reserves in power to have the Tagan BZ Series power supply with 1100 watts total power was used. So you must first read the detailed specification of your system.

Check your system first before overclocking that you have a good water cooling.My water cooler is a NexXxoS X2 Bold and was provided by the company Alphacool. Somehow on the new motherboards the overclocking feature is provided on the motherboard bios settings. I am not sure what board you have but for this the ASUS Rampage II Extreme is much more indicated.

The most important settings for overclocking is configured in the bios. I will too recommend ASUS Rampage II Extreme for that. The board offers an automatic overclocking, which is suitable for all those who want to deal not with this topic. Here you can select to run the CPU with the clock of the model or Extreme 940s like. But as you enter with the 3.2 GHz of the Core i7 965 Extreme is not satisfied.

The heat loss (TPD) was the Core i7 920 of 130W to 95W will be reduced in comparison. This reduction could have a positive impact during overclocking as well. In pratical LGA 1156 processors of the Core i7 series has a good overclocking support in comparison to the model of the LGA 1366 series. To apply for the Intel Core i7 processors and very probably in large part for the core i5.