Thread: Corsair XMS2 6400 tuning

Corsair XMS2 6400 tuning

Hey, I am new to the hardware system. I don't have any information about the overclocking. I have got some information like overclocking effects CPU speed. Can please suggest me that how overclocking effects CPU speed?

Re: Corsair XMS2 6400 tuning

Hello, I have got the solution. Overclocking actually effects the CPU speed. The Overclocking provides the best speed for additional computer performance. If you want trying to produce fastest desktop system then you can take help of overclocking or if you have limited budget and you want to extend the computer power then you can take a help of the Overclocking.

Actually overclocking tries to to make computer component run at very high speed than speed specified by the manufacturer. Although there is many reason for overclocking, but main use of overclocking is to increase the performance of the hardware. Overclocking is the component that include the CPU and video cards and memory. let's see one example, AMD(Advanced Micro Devices) Athlon 2500 + processor runs at a CPU clock with speed of 1.83 GHz. If any person wants to increase the speed of the processor then he will shift the speed to run at a clock speed may be 2.20 GHz which is larger than that is specified by the Manufacturer.

Overclock is the type of component that is made to improve the CPU speed. First manufacture fixes the clock speed then overclock has been tested by the tester and then it will be used for the speed up the computer. we can also possible to overclock the video cards. Video card overclocking is easier that is generally done with special type of software such as, Coolbits, ATITooland Powerstrip.

Yes, Overclocking effects the speed of the computer. When system startup has been selected then press the Bios Features Setup, and then select CPU soft menu or any other similar option that is similar and press Enter. After pressing Enter you can modify CPU Host Bus Frequency, External Clock or similar option shown by scrolling down. After that In CPU Core section, you will find the Glossary whose FSB(Front Side Bus), then will modify the value of the CPU Multiplier Bus Frequency and then you will save changes. Now, You will done with Overclocking.

Hi, I have done the overclocking. Overclocking actually affects the speed of CUP. We can also possible to Overclock your RAM Memory. We can also overclock the memory speed through the Motherboard's setup. After the resetting the memory clock and then save the new configuration. After the saving the new configuration, you need to reboot your PC and then check you computer is still working correctly. I am recommending to you that run your favorite 3D games to checkout that all the things are running safely.

Hello, I have done with overclocking. I have read the above posts. by using that information, I have done Overclocking. You can do the overclocking by using above information. But i have got one problem that I want to share with you. After you have successfully done with the Overclocking, if you want maximum overclocking than earliest overclocking that you have done. You can go back to the setup and then higher clock by using those two option that you will get after you have successfully done with the overclocking.