Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Your computer has too much air flow

Overclocking & Computer Modification

Old 22-08-2010

Your computer has too much air flow

I am planing to build up system that would be fitted for overclocking. I had experimented a lot on my friends system about the same. The system is getting heated very soon. Does this is due to low air flow. Will it be better if I had too much air flow in the system. This might eat up a more power but then the there will be major changes in the system configuration. Thanks.

Old 22-08-2010

Re: Your computer has too much air flow

One must not forget the relationship between cost and benefit. What good is a computer that has a 0 degree in the housing and the cooling for the same will cost very high. A much better cooling will increase your budget and also very hard to maintain. Better that I think you can maintain 30-40 degree of temperature with regular cooling option provided in your system.
Old 22-08-2010

The processor temperature should be below 50 degrees are possible. Even at maximum load, the temperature should not rise much above 50 degrees. Critically, it is above 70 degrees. There will be a risk that the processor can die. For working on graphics the temperatures quiet lies similar to the processors. Below 50 degrees under load is good and at 70-75 degrees, it becomes critical.
Old 22-08-2010

Water cooling is unnecessary for most of the users and the cost would exceed the benefits. I will recommend you here to focus more on air cooling. Certainly it is has much better potential. The temperatures there is lower than air cooling in comparison to liquid cooling. Starting with the PC cooling the processor. In standard PCs usually just a standard fan is installed. This should be replaced by a more powerful CPU cooler.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , , , ,