Thread: Why does Swiftech continue making heatsinks

Why does Swiftech continue making heatsinks

I recently become aware of they released their MCX-VCore for 1366 and 1156 sockets. Neither the design nor price has misrepresented in years. A large piece of copper by means of aluminum helicoid pins for $60. They are superior for tight spaces where you cannot fit a tower heat sink. On the other hand, I cannot envisage these outperform even low-profile heatpipe-based coolers these days. I need some suggestion regarding on this topic.

Re: Why does Swiftech continue making heatsinks

At $60, I would not believe. In addition consider presentation, as they state."The MCX-VCore is suggested for stock frequencies or mild overclock submissions." Seems a stock cooler would run as well, for $60 less. I would request the similar question as you. There are extremely few low profile coolers on the market for 1366 and 1156 systems. If you desire to work with a decent Intel HTPC (in a low profile HTPC case) the you are attractive much stuck by means of Intel's stock cooler. They are able to be a bit loud by means of a superior 25% to 40% OC. This cooler is premeditated to fill those sorts of gaps. Having a decent 120mm fan at low rpm's beats the pants off the dinky 60mm fan in the dba vs performance demonstrate.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Its a height to presentation ratio thing. At the same time as the coolers you mention would run in most low profile cases, their diminutive fans determine to not cool as well at the similar noise level as this one by means of a 120mm fan. And when it comes to HTPC's, dba is an attractive serious factor in the build. My HTPC by no means pushes the CPU sufficient to warrant a superior than stock fan, as I off load the whole thing to the GPU when I am able to and the CPU is essentially used for straightforward tasks and some streaming. I even utilize flash 10.1 GPU so much of my streaming is in addition offloaded to the GPU. In information, my HTPC's CPU is merely a diminutive e2180 OC'ed to 3GHz as it is way additional than I necessitate for that system. It’s in addition lapped from utilized in its previous build, additional than it merely uses the stock cooler. Additional than I merely utilize my HTPC as an HTPC. Many people make use of their HTPC for gaming and the whole thing under the sun. Those setups necessitate superior cooling and tranquil be capable to maintain the lower dba that this cooler provides.

They were solitary of the first to start promotion water cooling. 10 years ago you have comprise to create them yourself. Slot 1 home completed block day. If they did not sell them would stop manufacture them. Someone’s purchasing them. First comprehensive kit I ever purchased was a dual xeon kit, when no one else had one. I tranquil have on a shelf their water block by means of 226 watt pelt built it. They had the most excellent insulation and pelt mount approximately years ago.

Not to bring back to life a dead thread, additional than I determine to, did somebody purchase this HSF. For H55 mini itx boards, this is a superior solution in view of the fact that the ram slots and 16x pci-e slots are immediately so close to the socket that numerous sinks block moreover the ram or the video card or together. For those who similar to the SG05, the thermalright AXP-140 determine to fit by means of merely a 12mm thick fan. That's not a lot of air movement and basically no static pressure behind that fan. I would similar to essentially observe performance charts comparing these vs additional SFF heat sinks previous to making any opinion honestly. This is certainly for specific requirements.

Immediately received this water block for review on the Nehalem platform. As always, tremendous craftsmanship from Swiftech. I particularly approximating the mounting; no loose parts, no tools required, thumbscrews, wiggle room to compress out the thermal paste. Beating the entire additional aftermarket mountings by far in my estimation Swiftech is immediately maintain pushing it, looks awesome.

I tranquil do not get why everyone went away from the socket 939 clamp/lever mounting though. That was the most excellent mounting mechanism ever. It takes 2 seconds to eliminate a heatsink/waterblock and 2 seconds to position it back on. Its robust, has high mounting pressure, it’s cheap. I am running with on a full scale review on this obstruct, containing over clocking of course. Here are a number of reference temperatures at stock speed. Water temp is 20.0C when these screens were taken. I am not certain what to consider when it comes to CoreTemp and RealTemp at this stage.