Thread: Intel Core i7-920 underclocked??

Intel Core i7-920 underclocked??

I am having the problem with the Intel Core i7-920. I once again discovered the following coding :
    Code:
     Field Value
     CPU features	
     CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i7 920
     CPU Alias Bloomfield
     CPU Stepping C0/C1
     Engineering Sample No
     CPUID CPU Name Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz
     CPUID Revision 000106A4h

CPU speed	
     CPU Clock 1619.2 MHz (original: 2667 MHz)
     CPU Multiplier 12x
     CPU FSB 134.9 MHz (original: 133 MHz)
     QPI Clock 2428.8 MHz
     Memory Bus 539.7 MHz
     DRAM: FSB ratio of 4:1

CPU cache	
     L1 Code Cache 32 KB per core
     L1 Data Cache 32 KB per core
     L2 Cache 256 KB per core (On-Die, ECC, Full-Speed)
     L3 cache, 8 MB (On-Die, ECC, Full-Speed)
    Now I want to ask whether the time is normal with the clock of 1600MHz running ... or really just 1600 instead of 2600?? I have nothing in the BIOS or something changed, it is practically just like me in the eye. My configurations are as below :
    Operating system: Windows Vista
    Processor: Intel Core i7 920
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
    Memory: OCZ DIMM 4 GB DDR3-1066 Kit (OCZ3G10664GK)
    Video Card: Nvidia XFX GeForce GTX 260 Black Edition
    HDD: WDC WD10EACS-00C7B0 ATA Device (931 GB, IDE)

Re: Intel Core i7-920 underclocked??

Is that so when the CPU is busy? Current CPUs (even desktop) have power saving mechanisms, the CPU if that has nothing to do. The best way on the Prime Orthos and CPU-Z to find out. The cache latency computation tool allocates to congregate information about the cache hierarchy of the system for every cache level; it supplies its size and its latency. You will have to note that code caches are not reported.

I have a i7-860 and with the CPUID can be perfectly understand that. Incidentally, Surrender the speed of the CPU as the product of multiplier and FSB clock. (In your case at the time of your screen: 12 * 134.9 = 1618.8) In addition, the four cores clocked in several different high levels and even beyond. The settings for this are all stored in the BIOS. Multiplier 12 provides for me with a bit of fashion (possibly C3-State). Using compressed air to a fan I'd be careful, but at 80 ° -90 ° C You definitely mean a thermal problem. Maybe the BIOS is also the safety circuit of Intel CPUs, it's that the then mercilessly, which is also quite good, otherwise your CPU - in the truest sense of the word - perhaps already evaporated.

The fact that the CPU cores to well-German "their multiplier" can vary hoch-/runter- overclock or do you need, because that is the great. Intel has introduced the very reason other CPU modes (think C0-C3), specifically at the core i. .. Single cores CPUs sleep deeply and differently then others may Increment. At my i7-860 is z.Bsp. Multiplier 9, the least. I have in my BIOS (even a GigaByte motherboard) settings, where these particular CPU modes Cx ... are turned on. Now, when an application overloaded only one core and the other for sleep ", then the core is clocked high (I think) to multiplier 26th.

The Core i7-9xx series I do not think it will shut down so flexible high /, but by and large on its way. As written by me sometimes with the TMonitor would be useful for a test. The best way that works in conjunction with 7-Zip. here specifically because you can also load multiple cores. Then you can try again with the same ZIP (which takes only one core). Also you should know about the Compressed air: If you are careful not to slap on it because 8bar that's OK. BUT cautious because the usually extremely small (ball) bearings and if you are then off-center and the camp so out of true or not parallel spins, the bearings wear out pretty fast.

So take your seeds are extremely warm. This is not your cooling is sufficient. It will be very safe to reduce the power consumption of the CPU come and if not turned on in BIOS lead to the PC. And now comes the Krasse: that with only 45% utilization?? This is absolutely no substance! Then you should do if you do not like. I have my way with Core i7 also tested many times. And I've found that I probably replace my original boxed Intel fan for a better one, or check the BIOS settings must. For I'm at 100% utilization of all cores with prime95 for a few minutes and above 95 ° C and then clocked the good down.