Thread: EK 5970 Water Block Fix

EK 5970 Water Block Fix

I am fixing my friends liquid cooling. I want to search for water block for EK 5970. Where can I find this out. He is constantly overclocking his system and last we noticed that the temperature is going up. I arranged for this cooling but there were some missing parts. I did not get a Water block for this. Where can I find this out. Second thing I also want to add a liquid cooling for my pc. What do you recommend for the same.

Re: EK 5970 Water Block Fix

Go on any hardware site and there you can order the same. It is widely available and you can buy this in your nearby store also. It is small rectangular shape block which comes with 4 screw support. When purchasing a cooling system, check its compatibility with the socket that is the support of your processor. Indeed, each socket has a size and a different attachment system.

I just changed my entire setup. If you have a liquid cooling then you must perform regular and thorough cleaning of your fans and radiators. The dust tends to accumulate on fan blades and the radiator fins, thereby reducing the effectiveness of the cooling system. It is necessary for your system also. For the block you can purchase that from ebay. There is wide range of block available there.

High temperature is a common issue in overclocking. So for that it is proper that your liquid cooling support is not working fine. Use large fans used to limit the noise as they rotate more slowly to ensure an equivalent level of ventilation. To reduce noise at lower cost, simply reduce the speed of rotation. To control this speed, you have several options. It is controlled by your motherboard BIOS or third party software.

Just changing the water block will not solve the issue of overheating. Apply thermal paste thoroughly quality between the processor and heatsink or waterblock. It is responsible for the cooling to improves the contact so the heat can exchange. A very thin layer is necessary and sufficient in every system. Your cpu must have proper ventilation support so that heat can go out.

The water cooling systems all-in-one are easy to install and require virtually there is no need of maintenance. Today due to wide use of overclocking they are not more expensive and you can choose from the best coolers. Most manufacturers provide complete kits containing all the necessary equipment already installed and the installation and easier.

Heat is enemy of CPU so if rises over limit then it can burn your processor. Without adequate cooling operating temperature can be high and cause damage. In your case it looks that you are not able to fit the cooling system properly. When you overclock after fixing the water block keep a temperature monitor running on your desktop. Keep a eye on the temperature and then check back again by increasing frequency.