Thread: Problem overclocking stability of RAM

Problem overclocking stability of RAM

From all the tests I seen Crucial Ballistix PC5300 on: it should at least keep the sub at 400Mhz 4-4-4-12 Vddr = 2.2V. So confident I test by lowering the coefficient 6 of my E4400. and putting in the ratio 1:1.5 (ie RAM frequency = 1.5 x FSB). And there is wonderful: not to exceed 340MHz for RAM even under 2.3V 5-5-5-15. Now I am having the following qeries :
    • Is it can come from the cooling (so I 4x1Go Chips are pretty close and I have no direct ventilation above)?
    • Or is what I need to increase the northbridge voltage?
    • Is it may be because I have 4 strips? While on-jmax hardware they arrive safely at 400Mhz with 4 more strips.

Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Problem overclocking stability of RAM

I would like to recommend you to test with only 2 bars. Also prefer one in your kit dual channel set and after that you can try with the other. It gives the results with the coefficient multi / FSB / CPU / ratio fsb: ram / Ram frequency. Also I want to ask you that have you changed the subtimings your RAM? If yes, then how many? I think that if you provide that, then I will able to give you more appropriate solutions.

I do that this evening in the next week (test strips 2 by 2). Maybe I have a barrette which is not good, I take the opportunity to watch the references of fleas. For secondary timings I tried with those of jmax hardware and self-==> Same result ... After several tests: it is that I get the best results Vddr = 1.9V (4 strips total) ==> Windows stable for several minutes with coef E4400 6, EIST and C1E disabled, by default voltages, FSB = 220, Ratio = 2.0 ==> Fram = 440MHz 4-4-4-12 in screen below :

Well, I'll really buy a OCZ XTC ram cooler because the MIPS RAM Freezer it is expensive and I feel heavy to turn the HS ... I'll let you know once the RAM is cool..

4 * 1GB I had the same problem for me limited to 440 cases 4 and cases.5 not far away, I know exactly. For info my ram up to like 630 and 600 for the best for the worse ... while the 2.4V. By cons your score super pi is surprisingly high. I can only advise you to try in 2 * 1GB if you have not tried it yet.

I changed my ram for the Crucial Ballistix PC6400 (exchange with a friend ). Suddenly I could not resist the urge to do some tests, but again I am disappointed!! I can not exceed the 420 MHz (FSB = 280 with ratio = 1.5) with 4-4-4-12 timings with secondary cars. OCZ XTC cooler I have one so I tried all voltages from 0.1 to 0.1 to 2.1V to 2.45V!! And the same result! A 420 MHz I'm more or less stable: Super Pi 1M, but I can play OCCT plant after about 20 minutes. A 450 call is free, Windows Live freezes even at 2.45V. I also tried with Vmch = 1.41 (+0.15 V) but it's the same ... It's quite weird for a RAM which is supposed to hold 500 + without any problems CAS4 ... You really fit the Vmch above? Is it not likely to overheat the P35? I really appreciate your help.

For my E4400, I can come up with more than 3100MHz 1.5V Vcore ... no luck ... I expect to finish my watercooling circuit to the mod Bsel. For RAM, I have the same problem as you, when I changed from 2 to 3 bars or 4 bars is a disaster, my RAM does not rise above 440 MHz. Basically, I look forward to a kit 2x2GB ballistix 4x1Go sell my story ... End of RAM problems. But frankly they abuse Abit motherboard for high-end OC P35 oriented ... The tests done on D-Max hardware with an Asus showed that the card also ran good 4 bars and 2 bars.