Thread: waterblock Zotac GTX 260 AMP²

waterblock Zotac GTX 260 AMP²

I covet to Watercool the Zotac GTX 260 Amp ² with number: ZT-X26E3KE-FCP. I endeavored probing the internet for answers if an aquagraFX 260GTX could able-bodied on the Zotac GTX card. The motive for my difficulty is this: If the card is 55nm I am imaginary to use the aquagraFX 260GTX 55nm or 65nm if its I make use of the G200 model. But .... I read that Zotac have tainted their pcb (the first generation of GTX260 amp orientation intend pcb where the afterward ones where adapted I'm not sure about that that’s why it is imperative that I append the product code in this case : ZT-X26E3KE-FCP of the card that I desire. Could you please substantiate if one of your aquagraFX 260GTX chunks will fit on the Zotac GTX 260 Amp ² ZT-X26E3KE-FCP? It would be very unsatisfactory if the water block isn't well-matched with the card. Please help me to sort out my problem.

Re: waterblock Zotac GTX 260 AMP²

I can endeavor to facilitate you, but I am not convinced about the layout of your card. In general, the 55nm Water Block is irreconcilable with the "old" 65nm, since they have a dissimilar layout. I do not familiar with if there has been a revolutionize of the layout by Zotac, but in general all ordinary cards are compatible. Exceptions are maybe a few overclocked cards (not EVGA, XFX) or with bigger RAM. But I do not know this for sure, because I never heard / saw of one.

I would make deduction that the aquagraFX 55nm is compatible, but you should be certain by staring for the uncovered plate and verify the seats of the transistors and RAM. (These are in orientation layout, explore and compare your one). The graphics card is designed in typical XFX green. As cooler came the standard Nvidia cooler the GTX 260 is used. The cooler itself is also very low after one year. In 2D operation to hear at all and my thanks also stress optimization for games completely normal. The workmanship is very good and the connections for power firmly seated.

With direct top view reveals no differences between 65 - and 55-nanometer cards. Only after the removal of the cooler revealed again the change in board layout. So you can see here on the new models every 14 memory modules. Of course, also came out of the graphics processor to its imprint. "A" GPUs represent 65-nm silicon, while all 55-nm GPUs on the "B" plus a number. GTX 260 55nm cards regularly accommodate the B1-stepping, whereas GTX-285 and-295 boards are focusing firmly on the B3 stepping. Rumours have already B3 chips on GTX 260 cards are soldered - but this is not guaranteed.

I wanted to know whether the 285GTX 2GB with the EK Water Blocks harmony! Not the more memory stones were used, and the EK Water Block provides sufficient cooling surface close. Sorry but I still hangs on my 8800Ulrtas Stone Age and I am not able to do anything.!! So expecting some help from your side.

The board does not have the reference design, if the cooler fits I do not know, but I do not think so because the ore as it looks Spaws are placed somewhat differently. Well, the board can not be the same, because twice as many memory chips must be built - unless it be twice as large installed. Corresponds with the reference design only the clock speeds are meant. Palit GeForce GTX has announced a new 285, which comes in addition to a specially designed cooling solution with a modified memory capacity on the market.

The Palit GTX 285 2GB is according to the manufacturer in the first and only available on the market GeForce this configuration. Both the graphics solution with one and the version with two gigabytes of graphics memory clocked with 648 MHz and the therefore represent the reference design . The GDDR3 memory operates with effective 2.5 GHz, which is also located very close to the reference model. Much cooler with four heatpipes and two fans to provide the necessary cooling with quiet operation.