Thread: IBT and OCCT pass but Linx error

IBT and OCCT pass but Linx error

I am trying to test my friends system stability. At first I run OCCT which I found on internet that it is a good tool for checking the systems stability for overclocking. It worked fine for sometime and then I got a Linx Error. I found another tool called IntelBurnTest. Which tool among both is fine to test the same and what is the error about. I want to perform overclocking for the first time, so need some highlights on both the tools.

Re: IBT and OCCT pass but Linx error

Usually this looks like some system error. The software might not be able to test your system properly. But you can do here one thing. Re-install OCCT back and then test. If still the error appears then that means either your RAM or CPU is not getting enough voltage. You can check your system power supply status. Reboot your system and check back again.

OCCT is a new tool that allows you to test the stability of your system . You can check that by putting a bit stress on the CPU / Ram, especially the CPU. The value of this tool is that it stresses even more than OCCT and allows for rapid testing of overclocking. Like you are overclocking your system level and you want to test your new fsb. So for that you must use Prime just get a difference in working.

The program is not so good it works in most cases and it is capable to detect errors before the other programs. It does not replace other tools. Indeed, it is not as efficient to test the RAM / Northbridge. It is advisable to make a OCCT after IntelBurnTest. The tool uses a library of Intel (Linpack) they use themselves to test the CPU before the sale! It is unusual to use all CPU resources through a highly optimized code.

It is recommended to use a 64bit system to achieve even more accurate and reliable result in overclocking. On 32bit system, due to a limitation of Windows, it is not possible to test more than 2GB of ram. It is also recommended that you muse use the maximum RAM possible. IntelBurnTest the fact alone use the entire memory and provide you a much better result.

To get a better result test your computer number of time. Not one or two times. Like I had perform this for more than 10 times and in that maximum times I got a better result. Run the test. The window should display some things similar to this unless the error detection is enabled. You can check the values which will indicate instability of the system Residual must be identical throughout the test period.

The instability is not necessary to appear at the beginning of the test. This can happen in the middle at the end anytime and it is important. Having not even a single value clearly can create a big different from other systems instability. Obviously, if your system crashes like if you face a Blue Screen or your system freezes then just understand that your system is unstable.