Thread: GPU temperature monitoring

GPU temperature monitoring

I have an ATI Radeon hd 4870 x2 and the temperature at rest is 83 "c..! This is normal it seems a bit high I could see kind of like it around 40c idle. In fact with ATI control catalyst I see is a two GPU at 45 "c is the other view is ATI Radeon hd 4870X2 this is normal as the temperature is high (83c) just because it manages my screen? Should I molest meters and buy something cool. Is there any better method for GPU temperature monitoring and perfectly control the system.

Re: GPU temperature monitoring

I was so desolate I had not noticed between GPU and CPU cons yesterday by my GPU was 83c but Indiana 0%s activities. I have just opened a window of free internet video and it indicates that it runs at 100% 83c of activity with ever! Are there any cons for this PC wizard software? But still getting such a high temperature is not good.

The 4870 X 2 but obviously it is very hot like that and it should not pose a problem. It is good that you are the 4870x2 because I buy the Revolution account Palit 4870x2 with 3 fans. I saw a test on daily motion noise of the 4870x2 is abused or is it super heavy? I thank you because I want to buy this card but the sound makes me a little scared, some say outright that it is as if you put a hair dryer next to you.

Normal GPU has an average temperature of 78 degrees has no desire to do! Plus, it has powerful ventilation, able to make him lose 25 degrees in less than 30 seconds! For AC noise derange me no more for me to play with the volume far enough. It’s weird. For me, working here, I can read the temperature of my HD4850. For the rest, I think it's a bug of the software.

I have a problem for some time with my card (TD GeForce FX 5600 128MB Ram vivo my home Leadtek (Winfast A310)) which is at 74 ° C all the time. I wonder if this temperature is not too high. Yet there is no slowdown, no freeze on games and programs. I think my graphics card is basic overclocked by BIOS or Windows (-impossible to reduce or further adding to the frequency with RivaTuner), is there a way to lower frequency of the GPU with another action or should I buy Fan better? I have a MSI K7N2-Delta ILSR AMD Athlon XP 2600 + FSB 333 and 1GB of DDR-RAM Samsung, HDD 74Go WD Raptor S-ATA.

I just bought a graphics card radeon HD 4870 1 GB Sapphire, I have everything installed the latest ATI drivers. Only problem is that the fan of this card makes a noise to dry hair. So for being a bit quiet close, I had to lower the power Fan has 25% in the catalyst control panel. What makes the temperature of the GPU, in play, up to 100 or 104 degree? Is that I can continue like this, or is it too hot and the map will quickly burn out? Since this is apparently the low end of 4870, I wonder if they do not put a fan in bogus Sapphire. So my dilemma, either return the card and take that Gainward For 30 euros more but has two fans thermo-regulessoit continue in silence, but more than 100 degrees?

The Radeon HD 4850 illustrates the whole problem of cooling the GPU. The most important criticism leveled against this map is its very high operating temperature, even at rest, AMD has calibrated its cooling system so as to favor the silence. Suddenly its cooling system is activated at a high level temperature. The card is quiet, but warm. These two elements are intimately linked and criticize one another without observing the leaves as a lack of course we will try to fill. This will allow us to judge the effectiveness of different cooling systems on the basis of objective data. The choice of system for cooling the graphics card can also affect other parts of the system since some models may extract the hot air from the PC, conversely, others will perhaps direct the flow hot air towards the processor and cause it to overheat, or simply increase the speed of the fan which will produce more noise on this side.

i would worry if your temp gets over 100"C.