Thread: AMD Overdrive fan control

AMD Overdrive fan control

I encounter a problem on my AMD overdrive fan control. I am not able to reach a specific speed of case fan and even the other one. I had also tried using afterburner but that is also not helping much. I want some help on finding out what is the reason behind this. I want to increase the speed so that I can let my cpu to cool down more. But that fails. I had tried checking the settings again and again, still the fan is not able to increase its rpm. Is this some kind of hardware limitation or issue with my pc. Will updating bios help.

If AMD Overdrive is not working then you can try out some other. And if that also fails then the last option left is to check the bios. Some fans are limited a specific rpm and you cannot increase that above it. You have to check properly. There are many software that can help you to boost the fan rpm and you can enjoy a smooth output. Also I will advice you to check the fan connection by opening the case. So that you can find out all are working well. You can try connecting the fan on other ports that will also help.

Start with bios update. So that your hardware output can get more accurate. You can find the latest version of your board bios on the official site. Download and test the same. Once you are done with that you can try out fanxpert software. It brings limited features but it is good enough to give you a stable output. It will work well and will not cause any problem. Bios update will surely help you. Most of the high end motherboard comes with fan controller in the bios itself.