Thread: Coolermaster V8 Fan Mod

Coolermaster V8 Fan Mod

I'm looking for a new cpu fan support for my E8400, because the CPU to 4GHz is 65/68 ° C with Radbox Intel and I intend to overclock a little more this small processor. The Cooler Master V8 caught my attention because it is quite original and seems efficient. But I wish I had your opinion and feedback if some members of the CMO has. I must say that I cannot stop pacing the Internet looking for interesting comparisons between the V8 and other models. I'm looking primarily performance and silence.

Re: Coolermaster V8 Fan Mod

The Coolermaster V8 has a nice design and there are four aluminum radiators connected by eight 6mm heatpipes attached to a copper base. The finish and build quality are present and that big radiator is designed to accept up to 180W of TPD. The bundle is relatively complete with a backplate for socket 775, a backplate for socket 940, AM2, AM2 +, mounting hardware, thermal paste + a PCI plate to fix the fan knob.

The V8 has a fan to 9 blades 120mm with guaranteed operation 40 000 hours. Equipped with a 4-pin connector, the fan also has two red LEDs that serve to illuminate the top of the heatsink The V8 is also equipped with a speed controller allowing the user to adjust the fan speed to use the full power of the fan or rather focus reduced speed and mode of operation quieter. Both schemes are theoretical 800trs (7V) or 1800trs (12V) but in reality, the fan turns in 1400trs ± 7V and 12V ± 1900trs.

There is no need to moding the fan. The setting on the P5E did not pose any difficulties since it incorporates the roof bars + installation the backplate to the rear. The space between the radiators in the motherboard and the heat pipes is more than adequate and the V8 does not interfere either in the memory bank. The dismantling it can do so without the slightest concern.To judge the effectiveness of the V8, we compared the Noctua NH-U12P.

Noctua tested with its original fan, the NF-P12 fan and also with the Cooler Master V8 that our team. The processor will be when his clocking at a frequency of using 600Mhz 1.30V to 1.45V voltages bios and fans will be tested in 7 and 12V. The thermal paste used is the same for the two sinks.OCCT V2.0.1 Tested in mixed settings in custom mode with a duration of 20 minutes for each bench. The temperatures displayed are the lowest as regards the mode Idle and the highest in Full.

The performances if talking about are there and the V8 have nothing to envy the Noctua well otherwise and I must say we were pleasantly surprised by the results obtained. Noise level, the fan of the V8 is very quiet in idle and at full 1.400trs to 1.900trs, it is still reasonable but also likely to please a little less to the followers of silence. Side look, hard to miss the 4 radiators, diodes and red cover (cover) V8. Negative point, through a change of cpu, or thermal paste, it requires removing the motherboard from the box since the fasteners are made from the rear.

The quality of this heat sink is really very good. The accessories can be mounted on all platforms (AMD, Intel and even the socket 1366). The heatsink is very good and contains silver particles. This is no simple ceramics. The installation was super simple and must say that having a box HAF932 made my life easier where there is no need to disassemble the system case to fix the backplate. Regarding noise, I find this really sick performance.

The Sonata III has a clear family resemblance with its elders. Its dimensions are identical, and it sports the same glossy black finish. The front has evolved nicely, however, so better stick to the guns today. Exit the central boss houses the USB and audio, they are now aligned on a central band Metallic. Exit also Firewire, Antec has substituted an eSATA increasingly common on modern motherboards. Note that, as is usual with Antec, the front of the case is entirely plastic, thick certainly, but plastic. Only the side walls are metal, steel, painted black. The finish of this paint is excellent, but it has the same flaw as the previous Sonata fingers trace of it will be the nose on your face.