Thread: Core i3 330m Overclocking, need assistance

Core i3 330m Overclocking, need assistance

I have purchased system which comes with Intel Core i3 330mm processor. I want to play a video game which requires some more processing speed. And for that I had decide to overclock my system. I had not done this before. I hope this would work well on Core i3 processor. I am completely clueless about overclocking. I am trying to find out a bit about overclocking the processor. I want some help here. Can anyone suggest me a few tools for the same. How should I start with that. What things will I have to take care while doing the same.

Re: Core i3 330m Overclocking, need assistance

According to my opinion, I do not really think that you must go ahead and overclock your processor. Because that can be risky and cause issue with the system hardware as you had never done this before. Here there is one thing you can try out. You can try playing video games at a minimum system requirements. That will work really well. You can reduce the graphic settings and test them back. Overclocking can damage your system processor and it wont be under warranty.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

PcThrust is one an application that I will recommend you to try out. This app will offer you options through which you can change your setting and then try to maximize the performance. This will add more speed to your existing system. And it is not like overclocking. It is a booster kind of tool. It does not make any changes in the hardware or do any alteration in the settings. It just work well and has a simple UI to try out. It is a kid of performance enhancer software. Just try this out once.

Overclocking can be a risky process for beginners. For those who are experience knows what is the requirement. The processor you are talking about is a entry level one. You cannot just overclock that. You have to first understand the requirement and then you can try overclock. There are ample of guides that will explain what things are needed for this. Just overclocking is not going to help you much. So here try to find out the same first. Go on youtube and try to check some tutorial video that will also help you more in understanding the benefits of overclocking.