Thread: ATi/Nvidia GPU Software Voltage Control

ATi/Nvidia GPU Software Voltage Control

I need some tools suggestion for overclocking graphic card. I have a ATI Radeon 5770 graphic card in my system. I have two system one laptop and the other one is desktop. The laptop has a mobile GPU support which I want to overclock. I need a tool for overclocking the GPU of both ATI and Nvidia. Which is quiet suitable tool for that. Does that can tweak the voltage of the system also.

Re: ATi/Nvidia GPU Software Voltage Control

You can try ATITool. It has bility to remove the bridle of some cards, the management of profiles that start when Windows starts, or detect the use Direct3D or OpenGL so that when overclocking becomes possible. ATITool is a software exclusively designed for owners of an integrated graphics card ATI chipset. Indeed, this utility can increase the specific frequency of the GPU and the memory frequency. This procedure allows to increase performance when viewing 3D computer.

That is right, ATITool is very easy to use. Initially, simply create a profile so you can upgrade the graphics card. Subsequently, to increase the frequency of the processor, you must raise the value found in the category Core, as regards the frequency of memory, you must raise the value found in the category Memory. To validate the results, a single click on Set Clock will take into account the values.

Be careful, though, overclocking can be dangerous for the graphics card. Indeed, increasing the frequency increases into account the temperature of the GPU and memory. This procedure may cause the graphics card to computer heaven. In a second step, this software includes a feature offering the possibility of increasing the performance of the graphics card automatically through the two functions Find Max Core and Find Max Memory.

ATITool is an application designed for overclocking ATI video cards. You can therefore maximize the performance of your card, while keeping an eye on the heat through the components temperature monitor. Although theoretically allows ATITool overclocking without limits, it integrates a 3D application detection (Direct3D 8, Direct3D 9, OpenGL) to overclock your video card to only when necessary. Shortcuts can be used to load the profiles at the right time. The same works for various graphic cards.

You must have an efficient cooling system is a plus. This applies especially for monoslot card design. Indeed, the double slot cooler ATi are certainly noisy to wake a whole cemetery, but have the merit of being efficient. There are many cooling systems, air cooling to the simple water cooling. NiBiTor is a program for owners of graphics card based on Nvidia chipset. This simple software allows you to change various options for your graphics card.

One thing that few people think but that is important that increasing the frequency of a component increases its power consumption so if your diet is not followed, there is a risk of power, which has a nasty habit of heating cables and eventually burn out do everything. Indeed, NiBiTor will recognize your card, so you can change certain values, such as the frequency of the GPU and memory timings and others.