Thread: What Voltage for Ballistix PC6400

What Voltage for Ballistix PC6400

Hi all,

I got my 4GB of Crucial Ballistix PC6400 RAM recently and having some confusion regarding the voltage monitoring and around all these things . what voltage should I configured for my RAM , if I talk about the default setting then I think the default for my board is 1.8v (Yeah ? Am I right ). According to me, that Ballistix runs at 2.1v (correct?) Do I require it at 2.1v?

Thanks !!!!!!

What Voltage for Ballistix PC6400

If anything you got foolish in my question then sorry for all those but I am a noob. I have some Crucial Ballistix DDR2 1066Mhz. I need to know what is the stock voltage on those in order for me to bump the voltage make up. I did a lot of search on different search engines and came up w/ nothing. A need some little help from you all and will be nice for me.

Re: What Voltage for Ballistix PC6400

Commonly , the RAM always contains a marking. Further, if you are able to get the OS to boot just once and download / start CPU-Z, you can be able read the SPD timings very well and in proper way from the chip. They too will report you the timings and voltages that were programmed in from the manufacturer.

You will always get at least single or twice "JEDEC" profiles, but quite often you will also got extended profiles where the manufacturer provides you the tighter timings / higher voltage choices. Oh, and if your Ballistix is anything as my DDR2-800 stuff, then it would not require full voltage until you actually begin pushing it Mine is doing 1100Mhz at 5-5-5-12 on 2.0v..
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Commonly , the RAM always contains a marking. Further, if you are able to get the OS to boot just once and download / start CPU-Z, you can be able read the SPD timings very well and in proper way from the chip. They too will report you the timings and voltages that were programmed in from the manufacturer.
    I used to work on cpu-z and it provided me some many voltages, I am unable to get all these stated in that. Don't forget that I am a noob. According to my BIOS, my configuration are 1260Mhz, my readings in other software's are different. I am not getting this is why! According to me, I require to bump the voltage, no????

While you people are at it, can anybody suggest me why cpu-z is telling me my multiplier is different from my BIOS? I received a different speed reading.
    By the way, I am running a E6750 w/ Asus P5K

Hello seducer,

I have to configured it to +.4v on my Gigabyte as it defaults to 1.8v. I would be sure you have better airflow as these will find a bit warm when entire four slots are completely filled. It should not be too worst on stock voltage. If you are working with minimum speeds, you may be able to find them stable at 2.1v.

Just right tomorrow my Ballistix 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-8500 would deliver to me. I am going to use it on a Abit IP-35 Pro, iP35 Express, S775.Apparently, I might require to enter the voltages etc...

Currently, I have the RAM sat in a sealed cardboard box here but I have some confusion inside it would tell me the timings so I was wondering what timings and voltages should be used to set it ?And I shouldn't go beyond 2.1v right?