Thread: GTX 260 won't clock up error

GTX 260 won't clock up error

My EVGA 260 Core216 determine to not clock up to complete clocks. The Core clock stays at 301MHz at idle, 400MHz at load. I have tried this in equally BF2:BC2 beta and TF2. I be familiar with I must be doing something daft, but I cannot get the clocks on my gtx 260 to regulate moreover with ntune or riva tuner. I figured the former was for the reason that my motherboard is AMD-based, but I do not know why riva tuner is not running.

Re: GTX 260 won't clock up error

This is origin by a driver crash. Have you tried restarting your system. Edit: you might in addition necessitate forcing 3D presentation if that does not run some cards down clock for no motivation on 3D. That occurs when you tried over clocking your 250 from 760MHz to 800MHz. It passed OCCT additional than crashed during a game. The restart determines to assuage the error.

For the reason that you are not using that much. The innovative cards similar to your 260 have power save settings. You be able to force it to make use of full power at the entire times through the nvidia control panel if you desire. When you over clocked your 260 it went to 2d mode I guess you would call it. You tried restarting system but that did not help. The most excellent method to get rid of it that I know is presently to reinstall the driver.

Okay well you had upgraded it to the gtx 260 from an 8800gt, on the other hand presentation either stayed the similar or dropped. You went through the customary procedure of error testing the CPU, ram and HD and passed error free. In addition checked the entire the temps in idle and under load of the CPU and gpu and the entire were working moderately cool. You even formatted and re-installed and still the similar difficulty and you tried several dissimilar drivers. After the entire that you rechecked Gpu-Z and your Gigabyte tuner5 and together reported your graphics cards core, shader and memory clocks sitting at 300, 601 and 200 as opposed to the correct 576, 1256 and 1998. Together 6pins are associated and you tested the voltages and power is definitely coming through but for a number of reasons it presently would not run generally.

The card down clocks itself as a power saving characteristic, relax, what you are seeing is customary. Yes additional than it maintains them at the same time as gaming which is why I imagine my games are performing so deficiently. Are you gaming in a window. Not the entire cards determine to clock up to full speed if you do. Let GPUZ or Rivatuner log the speeds at the same time as you play for a small number of minutes.

The Gigabyte sells no a smaller amount than three over clocked GTX 260s correct at present, which means they are binning chips to assign them to the suitable product line. The Gigabyte’s formal name for this procedure is called “GPU Gauntlet Sorting”, which is unruffled of testing them with FurMark and 3DMark at a variety of speeds, and examining their power characteristics to create sure that they are not going to start a diminutive fire at the same time as in utilize. From the results of their binning procedure, they are able to assign chips to specific cards based on how they carry out.

What is the consequence of being so fast, you might ask. It is what you end up thrashing when you over clock a GTX 260 to that degree. On top of the GTX 260 in NVIDIA’s pecking organizes is the GTX 275, which averages approximately 15%-20% superior presentation than the GTX 260. With a GTX 260 so greatly over clocked and you be able to meet (and sometimes beat) a GTX 275, which is what you determine to observe at the moment with the GTX 260 Super Over clock.