Thread: Gigabyte EP35 DS3 voltage mod?

Gigabyte EP35 DS3 voltage mod?

Does someone know here how to make a vmod on Gigabyte EP35 DS3 motherboard? I like very much to get enter into a pencil mod as I have used it for soldering.

I have seen some different ones on the internet but I am not so sure about which one should I use. Some of the friends are suggesting me about putting a VR between two points and some about shorting a resistor. What I need to perform ? What pin/pins on the ISL chip should I go for ?

Hi Seducer,

I need to share my VDroop Hardmod on the Gigabyte EP35-DS3 motherboard and i think it would be much helpful to find out what you have to do in this scenario.

Well, for beginners ,this board contains ISL6327 chip and NOT the ISL6312 so be known as they have different pinouts. The Gigabyte EP45 has yet some other chip with another pinout. You need to check datasheets at alldatasheet named website on internet and search for the "FB" and "VDIFF" pins as these are the ones to be connected with a VR resistor.

Re: Gigabyte EP35 DS3 voltage mod?

OK, I am getting your problems that what you need to do.I was also suffering with the same practical issues and I used a 5Kohm resistor but I think,you can use a 10Kohm very well. It is not so easy to get the appropriate resistance you want though. I didn't make the soldering myself as it is very tiny and I am not authorized to have the exact gear. Never solder directly on the pins but you need to try to find alternative soldering points instead. The original resistance between these pins were 3.9Kohm.

Yeah ! very good suggestions by both of the posters above and I am also agree with them. But there is something that you need to be careful about. Be sure not to short the VR resistor, I am not aware about what will be good to manage the resistance before switching power stuff up.Not sure what resistance you are currently using for optimal performance but a better beginning point, I think would be to configure it to 2Kohm and work your method down from there.

Actually I received an EP31-DS3L just some days back and was suffering with it to get to 3.6Ghz stable on my Q6600 and the wide vdroop was a big downer

Now bumped, I tried to get the solution from different forums and found that nothing as a successful solution for the ISL 6334 based EP35-DS3L and EP31-DS3L.I also checked into the mod pics of the vanilla P35-DS3L and the usual spec sheets of the ISL 6312 (previous) and ISL 6334(Latest).Had some maximum resolution shots of my mobo , and so considered out the pencil mod and I knew it could be catch and miss but still moved on and tried it. Bingo and I was 100% sure on finding the absolute resistor and its going fine 100%.

Oh yeah !

That's what I am searching for a long time and I found it on this forum. I supposed that it is not discussed here anymore, so I searched on different hardware related forums but I got here and I am so glad to got this. Really excellent ! This mod, I am unable to get stable over 3.4 with my E6850 for anything, tomorrow I will use this a try and post back you the result what I am getting after implementing this....

Ok this is now working fine, after getting a pencil with good conductivity ( Menards carpenter pencil ), I monitored to get a reading of just over 1000 ohms from my main 1786 ohm reading with my trusty snap on multimeter and fluctuations and a lot of the droop has vanished.

I just could not wait a lot but I finally got this and I am so happy with this issue that has been resolved now and I can get some sleep and try my hand at some good clocks now...

Thanks and regards for such a wonderful post