Thread: EVGA 8400GS pencil mod?

EVGA 8400GS pencil mod?

Hi guys!

Would you all can help me to perform these things. I have just scored a free after rebate EVGA 8400GS. Now I need to mess with it a little bit. Does anyone know if there's a pencil mod for such card? I might use it to replace my dying X1950GT in my parents' machine if I am able to get it to at least play previously released games. Do you have any suggestion for such operation...

Re: EVGA 8400GS pencil mod?

Hi buddy !

I am also running with one of these cards and according to me. You are thinking and needs in one hand and defecating in the some other.

Or, I think you have no any opportunity of getting it to play anything entirely on any decent level. I handled nearly a 100% OC on one and it didn't make a difference to gaming at all. However, best of luck in your endeavours and I will be subbing this thread!
    Last edited by Hockson; 13-05-2010 at 11:30 AM.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

EVGA 8400GS pencil mod?

Thanks for such a pretty suggestions and viewing my issues.To accomplish this task, Is there any need of any advance chnages in the configuration or I have to perform the resetting of all. Actually, The game I am thinking of playing is like Starcraft, CS and maybe Hon on poor configurations. If there's no voltmods for it though, that's fine. According to me, I will just use the X1950GT until it goes to be end.

Hi dude,

I am not so sure about a pencil mod that you are talking about and posted in every thread, I have performed hardmods for vgpu & vmem on the card that I am having and using 50k VRs, I have already attached a picture of that with the post in attachment section and the mod instruction pictures I used... Please take a look there and I hope, you can get some fix from ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was kinda shocked after I got my card is the crippled G98 8 shader version instead of the decent G86 16 shader version. I really don't like Nvidia video card for these type of schemes.

Thanks for all help and support of you all to find the pencil mod for this card! The mod working very great now . I shaded the resistor from 770ohms minimum to 560 ohms. After the mod the blue leg detects 1.390v. Right now I am working with the status of 910 core, 2125 shaders, 400 mem. (This is with a modded previous CPU cooler) Have not messed with the memory yet. But I really have no thinking that I will do the vmem mod, since the memory chips don't have a heatsink on them.

Hello dear,

I am getting your issue but not completely.There are some points that I am unable to get your issue , without a clear and actual problem, how can I send the result with appropriate manner. So, Can you send me your current configuration of BIOS, I have an Evga 8400 gs too and I made flash fail and I require it to flash back again.

Hi dude,

I was also running with the same issue but I got the fix after discussing the issue with one of my friend and I will suggest you as so . This is my 8400GS G98 BIOS. It is stock BIOS, but of course you need to use it at your own responsibility. OCN would not let me attach .bin format, so I have to zip it, just extract it before you perform the flash.