Thread: Windows 7 - Dual Monitors & VLC

Windows 7 - Dual Monitors & VLC

I have recently installed Windows 7. Under Windows Vista, I could play a movie in VLC for my friend to watch on my connected projector and I could play a game on my computer monitor at the same time.

I would choose dual monitors, move VLC to the right off of my display onto the projector, and then entered into full screen. Then fire up my game or whatever, and we would both be happy. Now within Windows 7, I am able to get the dual monitors properly, but when I move for VLC to the projector and press Full Screen button, it expands the movie onto my monitor and the projector just displays my desktop.

How can I fix that?

On other hand, Second issue is even if I don't press to enter in full screen of it, but just expand it to cover the projector section of the desktop, when I open up my game, the video on the projector getting freeze, while the audio going on to be play properly. My game also runs normally. Any suggestion on a solution, or is it a yet to be fixed problem with the beta Windows 7 ?

Hello the situation that you describing here is seems like you are suffering from the issue of display driver ..yeah, I found the similar thing,but actually I am not sure on this that how to resolve it though. Is it possible the beta Nvidia drivers are not accepting it perform it's operation ? I know they are preventing my multi-monitor SLI again right after the WHQL drivers finally allowed it.

Can you tell me something about your internal; configurations. In which mode , you are running currently ?

Commonly, the Clone mode. Initially on machines , the multiple output interface was developed to display the same image on entire output interfaces (sometimes associated to as mirroring or cloning). This reflected the reality that these video cards were originally used in presentations where the user typically had his or her face to the audience with a duplicate of the projected image available to the presenter.

Re: Windows 7 - Dual Monitors & VLC

Alternatively, There are some video cards are able to "span" the existing desktop area across two monitors rather than making additional desktop space. It is completed by using a resolution like 2048x768 for each one of the monitor at the 1024x768 resolution. Each monitor requires to have the similar color depth configuration, and often the same refresh rate. Differing resolutions may evaluate in problems pertaining to some screen space not being distributed to either monitor.

Dual monitor - picture location

Hi everyone,

Is anyone here who can solve my issues here . Could please anyone confirm the bug with 0.9.8a version on a dual monitor display, whenever I tried to enter with the entire video into full screen size on monitor Nr. 1, the picture always switched onto monitor Nr.2. It is going on just before one week when I completed the upgrading process.

Thanks

Dr. V Guest

OK, I am getting your problem which requires some reconfiguration that would solve your issue and I am going to suggest you something that you need to Try as follows :

Tools - Preferences - Video, On the right you will have Display Device.I do not have dual monitors, but it should be reconfigurable to something such as : Device 1, Device 2 or Device 0, Device 1. So, it has to be configuration on Device 0 or 1 based how it is written there, store it, and restart the VLC again.

It is associated to a older version but I considered that how to get VLC 0.9.8a to do what I desired by getting that "how-to". I have explained here that what I did to get full screen to "stay" where I needed -

from the preferences choose "all" on the lower left hand side Expand the "Video" configuration on the left hand side (click on the "+" box next to "Video"..
    click on the "DirectX"..
    Check the box marked "Use hardware YUV->RGB conversions"..
    Choose the display you desired to use from the drop down menu (across from
    "Name of desired display device").
    Now, Save your configurations.

It is working for me. Now videos open in my second monitor (CRT TV) and when I choose Full Screen or double click the video stays within the second monitor (unlike before when it Full Screened on my primary monitor).