Thread: Overclocked 5770/Stock 4890 (Test Results Needed)

Overclocked 5770/Stock 4890 (Test Results Needed)

Hi,
    I want to overclock my new graphic card which is ATI Radeon 5770. Before this I was using ATI Radeon 4890. It was a nice card but bit low in performance. Now I had added this one and for the first time I want to overclock this card to play new games over lan. I had not done this before, so for that I need some basic help on the same. I am trying to overclock by Rivatuner. Thanks in advance.

Re: Overclocked 5770/Stock 4890 (Test Results Needed)

I have a method that works perfectly on Windows 7. Combining the Ati Tool to search for artifacts with the MSI Afterburner to overclock. You can do overclocking with Catalyst Control Center itself, but the Afterburner has a number of very interesting options. Install both the programs and then you can frequently use them for overclocking. They are quiet stable also.

If you notice any error on Windows while overclocking then first you must use the profile in After burner. I am using this tool to overclock my GPU. You can first export the settings of this tool and then use the ATI tool to detect frequencies. Then after that create a custom configuration that we control the fan speed according to temperature. The option Enable user defined automatic fan control software must be marked.

You must also be aware about the risk of overclocking. A wrong overclock can damage or ruin your hardware, do it carefully. Please keep in mind that also may void the warranty of the component. Today both Riva Tuner and ATI Tool is compatible with nVidia and ATi. The way to overclock in both cases is similar. You just need to increase the voltage bar here.

The ATI tool is best to go from 5 to 5 MHz with frequency, starting with the core. That stays stable for some couple of minutes in my system and the temperature rises quiet high. So once you find errors then lower down your frequency so avoid further issues. Or else you can try out for a much nice tool like Rivatuner which I recommend is the best tool for this.

To overclock download and install Rivatuner. Then to access the overclocking options have to just click on the arrow which is located to the right of Customize will display the menu you see in the second capture. After that click on Low-Level System Tweaks and enable Low-Level Hardware Overclocking. This is quiet important for a stable overclocking. Reboot your system.

There are different ways to overclock, as well as various components which do. The most common are: CPU, FSB and the system bus, Memory and Video Card. Each differently affect team performance in different aspects. The overclocking requires patience, do not try to increase 1000 MHz 3.8V or apply at once because you could end up with one or more parts unusable.