Thread: Orthos Shows wrong CPU Speed

Orthos Shows wrong CPU Speed

I am running with an e6600, and whenever I start Orthos it shows my CPU speed wrong. It seems to multiply the FSB by the stock Multiplier of 9 of the e6600 - regardless of what my Multi is configured at. So, currently if I am at 400x8 (3.2GHz), it display 3600MHz (or 400x9).

Is this really an issue or not a big deal? I have installed Vista in my machine, so maybe that has something to do with it....

Any suggestions ?

Hello dear ,

The same problem you are describing here happened with me but it happened on the windows Xp and the Xp was newly released at that time. I discussed about this a lot to my friends and finally there was no such satisfactory result from them . It seems to be a common occurrence when the multiplier is lowered on Core 2 systems. I am desired to bet that your My Computer -> Properties is also displaying 3.6Ghz. CPU-Z will always display your proper clock speed though. you need to check this also.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rastogi B View Post
    I am running with an e6600, and whenever I start Orthos it shows my CPU speed wrong. It seems to multiply the FSB by the stock Multiplier of 9 of the e6600 - regardless of what my Multi is configured at. So, currently if I am at 400x8 (3.2GHz), it display 3600MHz (or 400x9).

Is this really an issue or not a big deal? I have installed Vista in my machine, so maybe that has something to do with it....

Any suggestions ?

I don't think, it is that what you are considering about. Actually , it's not an issue at all. It does it to me also on many more mobo's. It would not effect the results at all.

It is the case as did with me earlier exactly yeah same problem happens with me,but if you will search on different sites then everyone would try to suggest you with much different and complex solution but you know it can be happened just because of some system management problem and it always included in the proper solution. It seems to register incorrect in almost everything except CPU-Z. A pain when benchmarking probably as your results would not be trusted by users because of this..

Hi everyone,

I am working with an e4300 and have overclocked it to 2.66Ghz (333 FSB with 8x multi), the BIOS and cpu-z both of them reports 2.66Ghz, but windows, 3dmark06 and orthos all display some different evaluation as 3.0Ghz (as if the multi was 9x). I am not getting, why and what is the causes behind this situation ?? If anyone having such issue or experienced earlier the please let me know also !!!

Re: Orthos Shows wrong CPU Speed

According to me, its just a issue that is related to the software assuming that the multiplier is placed 9x on the e4300. It makes sense because with speedstep/coolnquiet technologies, the multiplier is decreased during low-intensity operations on the machine. There are so many users would be massively confused if say "my computer" properties displayed the decreased frequency.

There is one whole article on Microsoft site which suggest about the same related to this issue, its not polling the actual multiplier.It just find the brand name of the cpuid and moves from there.