Thread: Help overclocking Atom N270 with Set FSB?

Help overclocking Atom N270 with Set FSB?

Hi everyone, I am want some help in overclocking my laptop. I am having a Atom N270 processor. I hope this will work a lot better after overclocking. I tried finding out some options for that but cannot locate any better tools for the same. While searching on the web I found Set FSB. This tool looks like a simple and useful one for overclocking purpose. But I cam not sure about the frequencies. What should I go for and what should I try out. I hope there will be some simple way of doing the same. Is there any tool better than Set FSB or is it the best one to go for.

It is necessary that you must first find that your laptop is compatible with overclocking or not. You cannot just overclock any system. It will cause issue. There are cpu models which are designed for overclocking. That means they will work well and will not crash. If you try doing this purposely then there are chances that your cpu might burn and it will not work at all. So first checkout the hardware specs of your system and try finding out that it is surely going to work with overclocking or not.

That is correct. Without verifying that your system is going to work while overclocking you must not move ahead. You will face serious issue with that. There are few set of good software's that can tell you about that. You can run them to find out that your system will be able to handle overclocking or not. Just download a software like OCCT. This tools create a virtual environment to find that your system can handle overclocking. If it crash in the test period then do not attempt for the overclocking.