Thread: Tips to overclock for games

Tips to overclock for games

The major advantage of over clocking is to increase the power of his system at no cost or very low. In practice the gain is never great, but over clocking is a game that hackers take pleasure in. Those who like to gain a small number of fps in games or to win some points in 3DMark understand. I had added core i7 processor which I desire to over clock. Need some help.

Re: Tips to overclock for games

You have to first back up your records, you be able to never be too careful when doing this type of exploitation. The most significant thing to check when over clocking is the CPU temperature. It normally varies between 30 and 65 ° depending on the CPU type, activity and cooling. To calculate the temperature of your processor, there are more than a few solutions. The first is to read unswervingly by accessing the BIOS (delete key at boot in general) to start the system. A probable substitute that I suggest is to utilize a diminutive utility that reads the CPU temperature, but other temperatures (housing etc.) Depending on your motherboard sensors.

Two utilities performing predominantly well known and I recommend you are Sisoft Sandra and Aida , the concluding being my favorite. You be able to observe a sample screenshot of the software Aida. You be able to read the temperature of the processor (CPU), motherboard (motherboard) and the temperature inside the processor (CPU diode).

The temperature readings are not for all time extremely correct for the reason that the sensors are erroneous (+ / - 10 ° C) but be able to have a good quality order of magnitude. It is normally preferred to calculate the temperature of the CPU when the processor is supported (in a game or a benchmark). It is normally suggested to remain below 65 ° C over beyond there is a risk of crashes, see the destruction of the processor (above 80-90 ° C though).

You have to make sure the temperature previous to and throughout over clocking and please never go beyond 65 ° C. If your processor is previously over 55 ° C, you might not be capable to go very high in occurrence without changing the radiator / fan. Put thermal paste on the processor core in addition reduces the temperature. If your processor is less than 50 ° C, you be able to almost certainly over clock your processor considerably.

To go to the over clocking itself have to go into the bios, by pressing a push button (more often than not deletion.) To boot your system. On the majority modern motherboards (soft menu) to set the CPU (fsb and coeff) from the bios, and for older motherboards must be the similar manipulations but moving jumpers unswervingly to the motherboard (BCP less convenient.) Look superior in your bios lines or you be able to modify the fsb, the Vcore and multiplier (make use of the manual of your motherboard for this).

Depending on the capability of the motherboard and CPU, up to some extent fsb (5 or 10 MHz) and / or the coeff. Multi (11 to 11, 5 for illustration). Save and restart the apparatus. If everything runs correctly, you be able to maintain climbing step by step up the fsb and coeff reach the limit, that is to say that the system determine to not start (black screen) or crashes in windows. To get an idea of probable settings for your CPU I invite you to discuss with the table obtainable here on the site choixpc.com. If the system does not reboot, it is more often than not sufficient to restart the apparatus several times (3 or 4), the motherboard determine to deliver the entire the bios settings to evasion. If this does made a "clear CMOS" (see the manual of your motherboard).