Thread: How long orothos and memtest are stable?

How long orothos and memtest are stable?

I am having only two simple questions that how long your system is stable with the orthos test after doing the overclocking, because I do not know for how I have to run the test for checking the stability of the system. I have also run the memtest on my system for half hour and it passed perfectly, is this behavior is ok of checking the stability of the system.

Re: How long orothos and memtest are stable?

If you want to ensure the perfect or the complete stability of your system then you can run the memtest for at least four passes or it will be better if you run the test for eight hours. But for checking the stability using orthos test than you have to do it for more than twenty hours or for the complete twenty four hours.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

I agree for with the above reply for the Orthos test that for checking system stability you have to run the test for more than eight hour, I normally run the memtest only for one pass and it takes around fifteen to twenty five minutes. I think that it will be ok to run the memtest only for that period.

You can also try to run the SuperPi 1M for checking the stability of the system. If it does not crash in five minutes then according to me there is no problem with the system.

First I got the orthos test stable and then I have adjust a few memory timings and speed. I have done the memory test for the full night and I got nearly about twenty eight passes, but when I switched to orthos then it did not pass for more than two hours. Is this behavior of the system is normal or I have to restore the memory settings again.

Yes there is a problem with your processor or may be with your chipset. MemTest is only for the memory stability test. But the orthos stress test is not only for your memory, it is also for the processor, memory, and northbridge. If your computer system is not stable for the Orthos memory test. Then there is problem which is not good for your system.

I have just looked at my Everest sensor screen and observed that the Vcore was ideling at 1.26V. It is amazing, because I was able to rung below the specification voltage. I have adjusted the BIOS to 1.4 volts and the thing is that I am getting 1.28 to 1.3V. I think I was facing the problem because of this. Is there any need to raise the Vcore in the BIOS.

If you use your computer system only for the purpose of game and you are not using your system round the clock then two hours is more than enough. Because the gaming is below requirement and temperature is very low during gamming. If you have any further query then feel free to ask, as this a very good forum.