Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Orthos: Compatible with Vista 64?

Overclocking & Computer Modification

Old 11-05-2010

Orthos: Compatible with Vista 64?

I am planning to test this for the CPU stability through Orthos. The thing I need to know that is it compatible with 64 bit version of windows vista. Or it will better to use Prime95 for this purpose. I am worried about this because I have read on many forums that there is a compatibility issue between Orthos and windows vista.

Old 11-05-2010

Re: Orthos: Compatible with Vista 64?

It will be better if you go for the Prime95, I have no idea about the compatibility issues of windows vista and Orthos but currently I am using Prime95 on my vista operating system and it is working fine. The final choice depends on you whether you want to choose Prime95 or you want to go with Orthos.
Old 11-05-2010

Orthos is working fine with the vista 64 bit edition, I am also using the same, but you have set some core affinity for that but if you have use Orthos in you XP operating system then, there also you have to do the same thing if you are using a quad core.

You have to just set the affinity to two cores for each instance of the Orthos you are running.
Old 11-05-2010

Thanks for the suggestion,

It will better if I go with the Prime95 because I am a new bee to this and do not have any idea related to the core setting. So, I will prefer Prime95 because I do not have to do any core setting for that and I can start the test without doing any technical settings.
Old 11-05-2010

I was running Intel system with the windows Vista 64 bit and I have done the Orthos test for running the stability with the 800 Mhz overclock. After that I have done and vista update for the system, I do not what went wrong after doing the update orthos is crashing the system and I am also facing a blue screen error.
Old 14-05-2010

The latest beta of Prime95has quad core support apparently, Orthos is fine for me under Vista 64 with my rig while Intel may be having an isolated issue, did you download and install all security patches and as from Windows Update or install more components and drivers updates? It will better if you use the Prime 95 for the testing purpose.
Old 15-05-2010

I am running Orthos version 41.110.18 along with the Mersener number test version 24.14 under vista 64 bit Ultimate. I am having all the latest updates on my computer system. I have not faced any problem running the orthos test for the whole night at 3.8GHz. There might be some issues with the running of orthos test on windows vista but I am lucky I have not faced any such problem.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , , , , ,