Thread: Orthos Error After 4 seconds

Orthos Error After 4 seconds

I have overclocked my CPU over a year ago, after that I have never touched the overclocking part since my computer system is working fine without any random crash or anything like that. I don’t know what came to my mind I run the Orthos and ATI tools just for the testing purpose. After starting the test within four seconds it gave me a warning and it halted. I have tried to do it again but face the same problem but this time I got the error after 17 seconds. Is there anything wrong with the system if not then why orthos is giving error after 4 seconds?
    Last edited by Bindu-I; 11-05-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Re: Orthos Error After 4 seconds

It looks like that there is a problem with your RAM, if possible try to replace it with the new one and check whether you get the same error message or not. I will suggest you to more VDimm, means supply more voltage to the memory on your motherboard. If that does not solve your problem then revert to previous setting and again do your overclocking.

According t me you should go for Memtest86, using this you will get a clear idea about it. This Memtest86 CD includes the following thing.
    1. The latest version (3.5) of Memtest86 pre-installed and ready to use.
    2. An experimental SMP version of Memtest86 that uses mutilple CPUs.
    3. The previous (3.4) version of Memtest86.
    4. A boot menu that allows users to select the above test programs.
    5. An extensive user guide with simple step-by-step instructions for using Memtest86 to diagnose and troubleshoot PC memory problems.
    6. Detailed instructions for using Memtest86 to safely over-clock your PC.
    7. Memtest86 source files.

You will not get to know the exact difference until you use Orthos again. According to me you should keep doing, the Orthos test. Just overlook what has happened during the Orthos test. If you get an error again then try to resolve it. Yes it is true that you might be having problem with the RAM.

You should try to run the test only for the CPU intensive only and then try to run the same test for RAM intensive. If your CPU intensive test does not fail then there is a problem with RAM and if your RAM intensive test does not fails then there is problem with the CPU. I am suggesting this because I was also facing the similar problem and I found that there is problem with the RAM, then I increase the Vdimm by 0.025V and now it is working fine.

When I have run the Orthos test it gave me this error “"FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4999997616, expected less than 0.4”. Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file. I have run the torture text for thirty eight hours, that gave me one error and zero warning and then execution halted.
    I am worried about this, is this error mean my overclocking is not stable. I have set 1.4 V for the CPU core and 1.9 V for RAM. Is there a need to increase RAM?

Most of the user run this test for overnight, hence for this test 12 hours is maximum. You are getting this error because of the overheating dsue to case temperature is running wild

If need to test stability even more then try folding some proteins on it and leave it when you are not using the computer system, if there’s something unstable it will restart for sure.