Thread: Orthos Error and Computer Freezes after Overclock

Orthos Error and Computer Freezes after Overclock

Over the weekend, I decided to try and overclock my processor after installing a new CPU cooler and have much lower idle or load temperatures then with the stock. I increased the FSB to 333MHz instead of the default 266MHz, and increased tension in the vCore to +12% on my Foxconn 975x7ab. The computer booted ok, although it took a while to get to bios. I ran Ortho and immediately got errors and the system freezes.

Re: Orthos Error and Computer Freezes after Overclock

Try and boost the Vcore voltage up a bit. If that does not work then it will be better if you reset all the setting so that your system can work normally, you can do this by using Load Optimized Setting and also resetting the jumper and see whether the system freezes or not. Assuming that, your system was running smoothly before overclocking.

I will suggest you to repair window 7 for solving this issue of freezing. You can also try to start up the memtest to check whether there is any problem with memory. The memtest will take a long time so if you planning to do then start that memory test you can for any other work. If you face any problem in memory test then post the details of it.

I done the memory test it took a lot of time but completed without any problem, surprising after doing the memory test I was able to install windows without freezing, and I thought that the problem is solved but I was wrong. My system started freezing again while I was playing game and I have also got the blue screen error. I think I have done something wrong while doing the overclocking.

If you do not have the clear idea about overclocking then you should not go for it, because sometimes it can damage your system. But now you have already overclocked your system then nothing can be done. The only thing you can do is to try for resolving this issue. You have given a lot of information about your system but I need to know is that “on what voltage you are running now”.

I am running at 1.296V that is according to CPU-z. Last night my computer system ran without freezing for about ten hours. I can only hope that I will going to be ok from now on. I have used Foxconn 975x7ab is it good for overclocking. I have not the clear idea about it. If you have any further information for fixing this machine then please reply.

According to me the voltage in the BIOS should be always higher than that is reported in the CPU-z or another software or utility that detects the voltage etc. One more thing it is also very difficult to hard to destroy a CPU or Mobo during overclocking. I think you are you are pumping insane amount of voltage, if you are running intel then I will recommend that the maximum of 1.45 V.