Thread: Problem with Orthos blend test after overclocking

Problem with Orthos blend test after overclocking

I am facing problem with Orthos blend test after overclocking. I am overclocking the system with more than one stick of RAM on my motherboard. Then I have replaced the motherboard and the RAM and then try to overclock it. Unfortunately I am facing the similar problem. My previous motherboard was a 680i LT SLI board and I have replaced it with the new 750i board

Re: Problem with Orthos blend test after overclocking

I am also using this Orthos utility software and I have not faced any such problems. If you need help for overclocking then you have to give more detailed information such as; you are overclocking to which speed, the approximate time after which overclocking is failed. Are you trying to increase the voltage or not? Using only the mother board model it is difficult to suggest you anything.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Thanks for the reply
    The base speed of my processor is around 3.0 Giga hertz, and I have increased it up to 3.6 Giga hertz, and I was constantly restarting my computer system between the increases to check that if I can get past and the POST screen and on to my desktop. After getting to 3.6 Gigahertz, I tried to run Orthos blend test, but it failed in the span of 18 seconds. Then I tried to increase voltage from 1.35 to 1.37 of my vcore.

I think that it may be an issue with your power supply, but I am not confident about it. Try to use two different RAM; I will suggest you to use 1x2GB 800MHz. I am sure that if you test each stick individually on a 3.6 Gigahertz overclock, it they both will definitely work. Try to check for this you are getting the overclocking problem only when you are using both the RAM’s at the same time or not.

I have replaced my motherboard and RAM and the overclocking do not seem’s to a problem with my CPU because I am able to run Small FFTs test just fine. As you have said that maybe there is a issue with the power supply, maybe there is a lack of power supply. I have tested the RAM one by one and at that time I have not faced any problem the problem is only when I am using two RAM’s at the same time. Probably two RAMs are consuming more power that is the reason I am facing this problem.

According to me using 600 w is more than enough for your system you can run the system by only using 300 to 400 if you need. As you have said that you have done a small ftts test without any issue then I sure that there is no problem with power supply. Did you have manually set the timing for the BIOS? It will better I you can set the voltage/timings of your BIOS.

I have used JEDEC number 3 and EPP number 1 settings. My previous board was fine but there is a problem with the RAM. I have checked nearly everything but unable to find what it the problem. When I run the blend test using both the RAMs it fails within 18 seconds but if run the same test using only one RAM it works fine. If anybody have clear idea about this problem then please reply.