Thread: A question about Orthos for Quad

A question about Orthos for Quad

I want to use Orthos to stress all the four cores I do not know whether it is possible or not but if it is possible then how to do that.
    I have discussed this issue with others, they are replying that you can achieve this by running two instances of Orthos. I have also tried that but the two Orthos are using only core number one and core number two. I am unable to find and any setting that allow me to run core number 2 and core number 3 on the second instance of Orthos.

Re: A question about Orthos for Quad

According to me you should download the OCCT and then use that, this utility is able to run one program and will be able to stress up to sixteen cores at the same instance. This OCCT is a freeware, mean you don’t have to pay for using this software utility. You can download this from its official site you can click the link which is given below
    Download OCCT.

I will suggest you to use Prime95, because for overclockers, it has a feature that is called "Torture Test" that gives the overclockers ability to maximum stress testing on the CPU and RAM. It comprises of many option that allow to test the stress for focusing on the memory processor, or a balance of both.
    You can download Prime95 here.

I have used Orthos software and it worked for me so I will suggest you to do the same
    1. First open up the Orthos and then the Windows task manager.
    2. Then under the “processes” tab you have to right click orthos.exe and then you have to select “Set Afinity”
    3. After that uncheck the CPU2 and 3 and leave the CPU 0 and 1 checked.
    4. After that open up another orthos and then repeat the same procedure that is mentioned in the step 2 and step 3. But this time you have to check the CPU 2 and 3, and uncheck the CPU 0 and 1.

Thanks for the suggestions,
    Now I know that there are two software utility that I can use for solving my problem but now I want to know which will be better to use. Whether to use Orthos software utility or it will better to use Prime95. If anybody can give me difference between the two or some pros and cons related to it, then I will be really thankful

I have not used Orthos, but the thing I know about Prime95 is that it is a good utility for the purpose of stress testing. I will prefer to get a stable setting on my computer. You can check for that by making it unstable by decreasing the voltage a bit. After doing this, run each program one at a time and observer that which utility shows the instability first. The program which shows the instability first is the best software utility.

Previously I was using Orthos, but when I went with a quad core, I have changed my decision and switched to Prime95. Since Prime95 supports running of four cores at a time and Orthos only support running of two cores at a time. To achieve the same thing you can run two instances of Orthos. Hence the final decision depends on you which software utility you want to use.