Thread: Does Orthos work on Ubuntu

Does Orthos work on Ubuntu

Hi,
    I need some help in overclocking my Nvidia GeForce card. I have a desktop pc. I had installed two os in that. In the primary partition I use Windows and in the other one I use Ubuntu. I am using Arthos for overclocking in Windows which works pretty well. But the scenario is bit different for Ubuntu. Does this tool will work in Linux based system. And on the same hand should I use this same or switch to other for Windows also.

Re: Does Orthos work on Ubuntu

I am not sure about this tool which work on Ubuntu. I had find out some error on working this tool on Windows too. You just try here to put some stress on the processor by this tool and in return I had found some Hardware detected failure. I am trying figure out the most exact cause for this tool. I had tried to locate the linux for the same but found nothing.

I will recommend you NVClock for that. It is the best recommended tool for overclocking which helps the users to overclock Nvidia graphic cards on Linux Platform. The tool users the original code for construction of this application was taken from the application nvcs. This code has revised back to make it work much easier and smooth with the newest distribution and drivers.

That is right. I will too switch to NvClock. It provides support for the latest cards and improves the functionality of existing models SmartDimmer to support GeForce8 / 9 boards and fanspeed. It also offers Adjustment and control of temperature in most of the cards of Geforce8/9/GT200. It offers Bios using PRAMIN dumping to avoid flicker. It has improved support for GPU internal Diode temperature G84/G86/G94/G96 cards.

I was facing a problem is that every time when I load the operating system gives an error saying could not load the nvclock.dll. After searching some resources I found that this was due to the nvidia card support. The overclock this I had used the above tool. For this I had reinstalled the drivers or simply install the original driver (no updates from the Internet) which you came with the card. That happened to me with my FX5200.

Nvclock is an application that allows the console through the frequency up to our graphics. To install write the following in the console - $ Sudo apt-get install nvclock. Then run it - $ Nvclock. After thatn you can see all the options and to implement them you need to continue this pattern / Nvclock [options] which is used mostly. For that use $ Nvclock-s / / to see the current speed of the plate .. memory and gpu / /, $ Nvclock-m # # # / / the clock of memory .. MHZ supplanted the # for the value we want / /, etc.

For linux based system try to get the software which are made for that platform. Like Coolbit. I am using this one to overclock my GPU. Before you install the Coolbits it is necessary to have latest nVidia drivers. When you run the tool you can see below the Overlay Controls option there is a new option named Clock Frequencies, along with another option for Troubleshooting. This options helps you to deal with hardware issue on your system.