Thread: X58A-UD7 settings reset after shutdown from Win7

X58A-UD7 settings reset after shutdown from Win7

BIOS settings are reset sometimes when I restart my Windows 7. For some, it seems that this only occurs if the BIOS setting "support EuP" is enabled. When enabled, Windows shutdown also if "deep" that even off the LED in the power button motherboard out, which is the only way I saw it off. Also, pressing the power button to stop while in the BIOS setup does not seem to cause the resetting of parameters.
    When resetting the parameters, it is full reset, unlike the CMOS reset button, which seemed to keep date time the one time.

Re: X58A-UD7 settings reset after shutdown from Win7

Are you sure, you are 100% stable otherwise, if so then it may be an error in the BIOS still buggy. How do you test for stability and for how long?

Check your RAID before you start Windows, if it is not set to RAID it goes down, restart, and then move the tabletop of your startup list. Then you should not mess your table when it happens.

I have not changed anything related to overclocking. I am having the default settings. I run i7 920.

Temperatures also feel stable. I run Noctua D14, and it idles ~ 40 and maxes out around 70. All other temperatures do not exceed 50.

Power supply is Antec CP850 and case is Antec P183

I run win from SSD, RAID is just for data, hence loosing the windows booting is not the problem. The problem is that whenever I restart the BIOS resets, IACHR Intel moves to the IDE mode. Windows starts, sees several additional drives and just gives me a message that will fix for me. According to "fix" even if I restart the RAID setting in the BIOS again this time IACHR refuses to realize that all these drives used my RAID drive.

Can I test it for you guys if you want, you're right, I'm an overclocker so I did too as the disabled and all others. I have no problem testing for you guys well, let me know what / how you want to test me and I'll try to get some tests tonight

I would also ask that you send in a support ticket on this point, each of you if you do not mind. This might just be knowledge, or unknown, and BIOS bug reports more the better so they can start trying to find a solution