Thread: How to set the clocks for both cards using Rivatuner

How to set the clocks for both cards using Rivatuner

Hi
    I try to put some new clock for my 8800GTX SLI setup, but I have a problem with Rivatuner only setting clocks one of my cards, not both. This makes the benchmarks give the same score as with stock options. I assume it is just standard down to the lowest clock settings between the two, as it must be in synchronization for SLI. Hence, I need to how to set the clocks for both cards using Rivatuner

Re: How to set the clocks for both cards using Rivatuner

Over clocking in SLI mode is the same as with a single card. Whether you use CoolBits or Rivatuner, only one set of Core and memory speeds will be displayed. Do not worry, this is perfectly normal. When you over clock either the memory or the core clock slider, it's over clocking both cards. The reason you cannot see two sets of controls (one for each map) is because clock speeds must be synchronized for SLI to function properly. If there was one set for each card, you can run a card with a different speed to the other, leading to possible stability issues.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

The matter is that if you overclock an SLI setup via Rivatuner and then confirm the settings in the GPU-Z you will see that only one of the cards in fact have those new settings on it. Benchmarking also shows results that do not match what you would expect. Setting the clocks in nTune shows the correct new clocks in GPU-Z. At least that is how it behaves on my system.

Primarily I would like to mention that Vista-specific over clocking interfaces provides shader domain clock control and SLI system is a "no go" grouping under Windows XP. Therefore, you can use 2.06 with SLI under Windows XP too, but you need to deactivate Vista specific than clocking interface for SLI than clocking, as explained in the 2.06 release notes

Now RivaTuner also uses Vista particular NVAPI interfaces for driver-level thermal monitoring, overclocking and cooling fans on Windows XP ForceWare 167.xx and newer drivers. NVAPI usage can be either completely restricted by setting NVAPIUsageBehaviour registry entry to 0 or alternately NVAPI usage can be partially restricted just for some driver-level tasks with NVAPIThermalControl, NVAPIClockControl and NVAPIFanControl registry entries.