Thread: Fail intel burn test even at stock speed

Fail intel burn test even at stock speed

Hi,
    I had tired using Intel Burn Test tool to check my overclocking status. I had told by friend that this performs a much faster and provides better result than other tools. I performed overclocking and run the test. It might have run for 1 sec and then it fails. I am not able to get the reason behind this. How does this test fails. Does there is issue in my hardware.

Re: Fail intel burn test even at stock speed

Intel Burn Test is a new tool allows to test the stability of your system and allows you to check the current situation of CPU or Ram. It is especially meant for the CPU). The value of this tool is that it stresses even more than OCCT. In your case your system might no be proper configured or the tool is not installed correctly due to which the test fails.

Intel Burn Test allows for rapid testing of overclocking. Like for example you are overclocking your system and you want to test your new fsb. Before, it took hours of Prime, OCCT and co. Now it takes 10 minutes. Beware, the program is not infallible but will in most cases to detect errors before the other programs. It does not replace other tools. Indeed, it is not as efficient to test the RAM / Northbridge. It is advisable to make a OCCT after IntelBurnTest.

There is a way by which you can detect errors quickly while performing Intel Burn Test. The tool uses a library of Intel they use themselves to test the CPU before the sale. It is unusual to use all CPU resources through a highly optimized code. It is recommended to use a 64bit system to achieve even more accurate and reliable. On 32bit system, due to a limitation of Windows, it is not possible to test more than 2GB of ram.

For a better result used the maximum RAM if possible. IntelBurnTest the fact alone, the more memory used, the more reliable the result will be. Choose the number of times the test will be performed, in that 5 registered, 10 have more reliable results. Run the test. The window should display some similar tabs, unless the error detection is enabled.

There can be various reason behind the instability of tool. The instability cannot necessarily occur at the beginning of the test. This can happen in the middle at the end. Having not even a single value clearly different from other system instability. Of course, if your system crashes like BSOD, freeze, etc. It also shows the instability of your system. So here you will need to locate the cause of issue. Either software or hardware.