Thread: GTX 275, cores and memory not going above idle clocks

GTX 275, cores and memory not going above idle clocks

Hi,
    I had just added a GTX 275 video card in my PC by removing a old one. After adding the same I had installed all the drivers and other things. But I had noticed that there is not much improvement in the PC performance. I had tired to fix the same. I think the overclocking is getting failed in my PC. What is the best way to find out the performance of the same.

Re: GTX 275, cores and memory not going above idle clocks

On the GTX 260, I have seen some online rankings and among the top 4 positions 3DMark06 seems to me that is a Gigabyte GTX 260 and air cooled, must be the Super Overclock but not specified. Of the two Gigabyte that is, one is the OC that I have and another Super OC. I guess if that should have better material and Ultradur, more layers of copper etc and should be better for overclocking, be designed for that, I think.

Run Afterburner with on screen display, make sure that its not going back to defaults when you switch back to a hardware monitor on a windows screen. Not seen it happen to me, but others have reported similarly in the drivers thread, not just with the 275. Ok, you only have one processor in your vid card-I know, I have the same card. Have you load all the "64 bit" motherboard drivers, 64 bit video/sound/nic drivers.

Ok, understood, lead series overclocking it does nothing special, to pay for it if you can do you and is more entertaining. Rather a normal and if Radeon X800leading to better performance because Overclock better. Within the budget of some lesser amoung the best option I see is the Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X, I think I'll stay with that and I'll tackle Overclock myself. In addition, a plaque is underway ASUS P5Q Deluxe and gets along better with ATI.

I guess you know RivaTuner. For you to have fun controlling the fan speed and frequency. I had a 8800GTS 512. I grew a little fan to be able to overclocking easy. I do not remember exact numbers, but all I can say is that as long as you do not artifacts or screen white / blue / black, everything is fine. Think of watching the temperature frequently before and after a game, and done.

Overclocking components are often pushed further than they have been designed to disappear, and to do so they require more voltage. This means that because the processor Core 2 Duo E6300 now sucks down 10% more power and runs more than 70% of the frequency it was designed, the thermal efficiency will naturally increase. The memory and the motherboard will also move slightly more heat as well, though not as significant as the processor. This means while the efficiency of case can not inherit issue operating at frequencies of default, it certainly will once you start to overclock components.