Thread: Intel Burn test - safe temps for a Q6600

Intel Burn test - safe temps for a Q6600

Hi everyone, I have a question here about System Temperature. I use Intel Burn test by Intel, and I have tried to overclocked on my computer because I want to increase the performance. Now that program shows my SYSTEM temperature and CPU temperature abnormal. So I want to ask you about the Intel Burn test - safe temps for a Q6600?? Hope that someone over there understands my doubt and will suggest something to fix that.!!

Re: Intel Burn test - safe temps for a Q6600

The 26 ° C for more it seems to me there. In Idle with my i7 920, which heats much more than your Q6600, I'm at 35 ° C to 65 ° C to bottom. So no worries on the side of your temperatures. According to a further reduction must be applied on the establishment of thermal paste. Instead of using other testing, I recommend using the intel burn test, is the ultimate test for your CPU, even in the most demanding tasks in domestic programs will load the CPU as the intel burn test. If this test the cores do not spend 70 or so, you should not worry. Use the CORE TEMP to see the temperatures, which is the most reliable measurements. 5-10 s past with intel burn and see what makes the core temp.

Normally, your Q6600 can go up to 9x333 without touching the voltage but gradually increasing the FSB. Unless you have a q6600 b3 or g0 last wholes so that they do not seem terrible. Try to 1.3v Bringing your NB and FSB Termination votage up to 1.35V. The northbridge voltage reference Is very important with quads. Also set your CPU voltage Refernce to 0.63x. I have tried this before and these advanced Bios settings really helped me Bring Stability to my P5E system. Northbridge GTL Reference is a value of .67 x Generally Provides the best level of Stability on this motherboard.

Sometimes it will be beneficial to obtain the reference frequency FSB as high as possible to avoid any loss of performance, in effect changing the multiplier can also and especially to adjust the frequency of memory and FSB in terms of CPU frequency. The big difference between this new generation of processors and the former from the multipliers that are not completely blocked, and get the possibility to run the memory at a speed higher than the FSB. The difficulty to overclock the Pentium 4 was to find the setting that limited the increase in frequency because it was difficult to diagnose if the processor or memory were involved without changing multiplier.

Processors to overclock the hardest will be those with small multiplier as the E6300 can exceed its original frequency of over 100%, it will demand a very high FSB and therefore high frequency memory to deliver its full potential reality. You will need a powerful chipset and good strips and a pinch of luck to explode the bar 3Ghz. It is difficult to guarantee overclocking, however if you have a motherboard that allows you the basic settings such as FSB, Vcore and memory settings, you can expect to reach a stable frequency between and over 3Ghz 4Ghz with a certain amount of luck. The FSB of your maximum configuration will depend on the kind of chip but also and especially for your luck, it you really do not get out of the mind that all processors and motherboards have the same potential in FSB, not all are Unfortunately, not equal, the more potential is sensitive to FSB CPU temperature.

I tested last night and my Q6600@3.2ghz with ventilation 7v, the types the 77°. Intel Burn Test is actually worked the entire benefit, where the heating and more, if you do OCCT test Small and Large Data Data, you already have a good base of stability. But his problem concerned the tensions through OCCT graphs, including 12 V. So apart from the CPU voltage, I doubt that the Linpack or intel burn test done oscillate quite differently latter. And since it is already at 72 ° under OCCT, the transition to the Linpack will go over 80 °, so far as testing with OCCT safe even if the latter is not the most reliable 100% in all cases. With my 650W, I must be level on the 12v, so not cause for alarm and even less change PSU. The only advantage is an oversized power supply, it is to silent.