Thread: Coretemps, Realtemps and Intelburntest

Coretemps, Realtemps and Intelburntest

Hello everyone,
    I have just started to study about an overclocking. I want to know that which method is better for testing my system stability.?? Till now I know about the Coretemps, Realtemps and Intelburntest. Since, I am newbie to this topic, I am expecting some useful help from you guys.!! So please provide some detailed information about the utilities that are required for testing the system stability. Thanks in Advance.!!

Re: Coretemps, Realtemps and Intelburntest

Intel Burn Test is a test software fairly advanced processor, which comes into direct competition with software like Prime95 or OCCT. The initial feedback report to rises in temperature to 10 ° from the standard software error detection and virtually unstoppable. Within 10 minutes of testing, it seems that we find the equivalent stability of several hours of other software. It is based on the Linpack tool, used by Intel to test its own processors, so it's only by Intel cons. Well there is the eternal debate of absolute necessity or not the PC overclocked stable in everyday use. This kind of problem is also true with OCCT, Prime and others.

I think that first you should know about the basic logic of a processor. Intel provides two separate thermal specifications for two different sensors, a thermal diode case (Case Thermal Diode), located in the "die" between the two CPU cores, and digital temperature sensors located within each core. The thermal diode box measures Tcase (Temperature case, would become the "general" of the chip - CPU.) Which is commonly known as the temperature of the CPU, and digital temperature sensors measure the Tjunction (temperature assembly, or each core itself.), known as core temperature. Since these sensors measure 2 distinct thermal levels, there is a constant temperature difference between them, which is referred to as the delta between Tcase and Tjunction (Tcase to Tjunction Delta). The C2Q have 1 Tcase and 4 Tjunction sensor (one per core), while the C2D have 1 Tcase and 2 Tjunction sensor.

You should also know about the Heat flow which also plays an important role in overclocking. The heat comes from inside the cores, where the sensors are located in items Tjunction hot for each core. From the bottom of the cores, heat is dissipated through the housing of the CPU (CPU case), which creates a thermal gradient toward the center of the package (die), where the Tcase sensor is located. The heat then dissipates through the socket and the motherboard to air inside the computer case. From the top of the cores, heat is dissipated through the IHS and the CPU cooler to air inside the box. Safe and sustainable temperatures are determined by the efficiency of the CPU cooler, the cooling of the computer case, the ambient temperature, the Vcore of the CPU frequency of Stepping and processor workload.

The Core Temp, CPU-Z, Crystal CPUID and SpeedFan can be used to calibrate Tcase and Tjunction without charge. Prime95 is used to test the load and provides SpeedFan temperature monitoring. Core Temp is an excellent utility, however, has a fundamental flaw in terminology, creating confusion in the community of CPU temperatures, "obscuring" the distinction between temperature and specification. The Core Temp shows the Tjunction to 85 º (or 100 º), which is a misnomer. The correct expression is "Tjunction Max 85 º" (or 100 º), which is the term defined by Intel as shown in the Specifications section above, and is represented as follows :
    Tjunction = core temperature
    Max = off Tjunction
    With this information in mind, it is recommended that Core Temp is used for the calibrations in conjunction with the Review of Stepping CPU-Z and Core temperatures from SpeedFan.

When using Prime95 for the first time, you must click on "Advanced", then "Round off checking" for the errors caused by instabilities are saved as they occur. The Prime95 will expose insufficient CPU cooling and computer case, or excessive Vcore / overclock. At no other time a CPU is so loaded, or display higher temperatures, even when overclocking is making for greater load cases as great or edit videos. The Prime95 can be used with SpeedFan to observe CPU temperatures, while tests the stability of the system. During games and applications on a single thread, Core 0 tends to carry heavier loads and higher temperatures than the other cores.