Thread: How to overclock Q9000 with locked bios / ICH9-M?

How to overclock Q9000 with locked bios / ICH9-M?

Hi friends,
    I want to overclock the Q9000 with the BIOS being locked, so that I can increase the performance of it. I have tried to do many things but they are not working for me. So please explain me how to overclock Q9000 with locked bios / ICH9-M? Is it worth after you change a QX9300 to pass on the I7?? Hope that someone would help me.!!

Re: How to overclock Q9000 with locked bios / ICH9-M?

Intel S-series goes up to 2.83 Ghz Core 2 Quad Q9550S, but against the AMD Phenom is made in 45 nm, but also carries a surcharge on the normal version of $ 100. They conclude that only makes sense this processor for equipment builders who need proper thermal conditions in small spaces. The Core i7-920 that costs the same, but consumes more energy it takes less work, that since apart from the architectural enhancements that make it faster you can turn off idle cores. However, its high temperature and avoid the excesses of power that may be well chilled in some configurations.

The overclocking aims to increase the frequency (measured in Hz) of a processor. This operation is not as risky as the overclocking is reasonable and that certain precautions :
    • Monitoring the temperature of the processor using software, and increased cooling.
    • If necessary, increase the voltage of the processor and memory (VCore). This is only necessary if stability problems occur during use.
    • Quality control of the RAM. Some memories (RMA) does not bear, or just very little overclocking, especially when it comes array of poor quality or non-branded combined with a powerful processor.

The principle of overclocking is simply to operate the electronic components (including microprocessors and graphics cards) at a clock rate higher than that for which they were designed and / or validated. The goal is to achieve superior performance at lower cost, by pushing a component to the upper limit to its technical specifications. We deliver it all the more willingly they consider themselves ready to change if the old machine can be brought to the desired performance and we are ready to "burn out" by false or premature aging of handling microprocessor. This practice is widespread among advanced users of computers. It generally refers to the central microprocessor (CPU) and / or graphics processor.

Submit a series of tests exploiting its resources than to know its stability. I think that RMClock and NHC are not compatible 64bit. the Q9000 is stable at 2.4 GHz when you do not grow in depth, I did several tests in 3DMark and play and no worries, I cons by "stressed" and the blue screen is Zoli appeared. However it is stable at 2.3 GHz and I have not had a problem since I've been at this frequency. Note that the CPUs are manufactured in batches, and all lots are not equal. If we find a good set, it can be a killer, just as one can come across one that happens to adjuster well works at its nominal frequency. Then why would a CPU 9000 if he stamped longer? Simply unprotect meet demand. Initially, we test at the factory, CPUs, frequency by frequency. Then, we arrange them in piles according to their capabilities. Then, they must be stamped to meet demand.

In conclusion, the user "overclocker" believed to be a genius pushing his Proco, while it laughs softly under his radiator, because it is still far from its potential max. As the manufacturing process is becoming more sophisticated, it has more and more processors that are able to take tests well plsu faster than necessary. the coup, a number of those there are left with a label does not reflect their real capacity. When I look at how to overclock, presented on the screenshots a little higher, is still increasing the fsb speed . The thing is that in doing so, he must either disconnect, usually by a setting in the BIOS, the speed of the other components (memory, graphics card, etc) have an exceptionally gear robust to the increase in frequency because everything is accelerated, not only the processor.