Thread: Can’t get Riva Tuner to Work on Windows with 2600XT

Can’t get Riva Tuner to Work on Windows with 2600XT

Hi,

I downloaded Riva Tuner 2.09 and 2.08 and many graphics card drivers and install it over and repeatedly. However, the problem seems to be persisting.
    I am having Notebook with ATI 2600XT mobility and the graphic card driver is Catalyst 8.4 and the Vista operating system. Now I facing the problem in RivaTuner having 3 option when I clicked the customize buttons, it shows the following things.
    Low level refresh rate
    Low leve desk top
    and graphics diagnostic subsystem
    There is no additional information available can anybody help me why I Can’t get Riva Tuner to Work on Windows with 2600XT

Re: Can’t get Riva Tuner to Work on Windows with 2600XT

I think you are having this problem because you are not having the perfect system requirement for that please have a look at the system requirement.
    • Windows 98 (updated MFC libraries required), Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows 2003 Server x32, Windows XP x32, Windows XP x64 edition, Vista x32 or Vista x64 (disabled driver signature checking required).
    Note: Windows 9x/ME is no longer officially supported since version RC15. It doesn't mean that RivaTuner will not work under Windows 9x/ME, but it does mean that RivaTuner is no longer tested for compatibility issues under these OS.
    • Any desktop display adapter based on NVIDIA GeForce or ATI Radeon grarphics card. Mobile solutions are not supported.

Try one of these solution may this will help you
    • Fixed a bug in the hardware monitoring module causing monitoring equipment for the tasks planned to be ignored due to incorrect initialization RivaTuner startup.
    • Fixed error reading clock 100 MHz memory on the GPU-based graphics cards series G9x bug caused by the clock frequency of the memory generator source clock detection.

Here are some more errors related to RivaTuner
    • reorientation of the file system is no longer disabled when running a script in 64-bit patch to avoid problems with a missing file browser dialog system by pressing the "Continue" button.
    • Height of graphic pasting in the group are now updated correctly when changing settings manually fixed height chart in the properties of a graph of the group.
    • Fixed a bug in the routine of starting the daemon and utilities RivaTunerStatisticsServer D3DOverrider behind these tools to be launched and reside in memory without displaying the tray icon, under certain conditions.

Here is the solution for your problem.

You have to plug you model _ID in the RivaTuner.cfg. After that you have to go to XProgramme\\Rivatuner\rivatuner.cfg and open this with wordpad and plug you model_ID behind you GPU codename.
    2600XT Mobility
    = RV630 = 9583h-9589h,958B
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly