Thread: Rivatuner 2.06 conflicting with PunkBuster (BF2 and CoD4)

Rivatuner 2.06 conflicting with PunkBuster (BF2 and CoD4)

How do I know it i9s Rivatuner and Punkbuster are contradictory. Difficulty first happened when I got CoD4, I detached the entire background programs (RT too) and ultimately the difficulty went away. I upgraded to an 8800GT, set up Rivatuner 2.06, upgraded CoD4 and installed Battlefield 2, physically updated punkbuster for together. I first played Battlefield 2 and the trouble happened. I then tried CoD4 and my most horrible fears came true, the trouble happened there too.

Re: Rivatuner 2.06 conflicting with PunkBuster (BF2 and CoD4)

Added protective technologies aimed to jam hazardous memory scanner of PunkBuster antic heat system and this method protect this antic heat system from crashing graphics hardware when RivaTuner resides in memory. Regrettably innovative 1.7xx versions of PunkBuster client (debuted on 04.17.2007 with Battlefield 2142 client) caused most important system stability problem in conjunction with wide range of submission right of entry hardware via user mode MMIO address ranges. Apart from scanning executable code innovative PunkBuster services in addition fully scan information memory ranges of every procedure, which is critically hazardous when it comes to applications accessing hardware registers via memory mapped I/O port user address ranges.

If it comes to submission right of entry hardware registers via memory mapped I/O port user address ranges. The unconstitutional right of entry to hardware mapped memory ranges execute by antic heat system's memory scanner might cause capricious results including hardware failures and freezing. The difficulty is not unambiguous to RivaTuner and in addition covers wide range of ATI and NVIDIA oriented diagnostic, overclocking and monitoring tools (e.g. ATITool, PowerStrip, HIS iTurbo etc) developed by third parties as well as by specialized AIB/AIC partners.

There might be a chance of crashes as unsteadiness of third party tools including RivaTuner, hurting software reputation in dissimilar forums this method. Regrettably, the trouble is still neither fixed nor recognized by Evenbalance, in addition, the circumstances got critically worse in the end on June 2007 when Evenbalance launched the similar unsafe PunkBuster clients v1.7xx for America's Army, Call of duty, Call of duty 2, Enemy territory: Quake Wars, F.E.A.R etc. Due to this sad cause you cannot longer remain for reaction and attach from Evenbalance and risk RivaTuner software standing for the reason that of antic heat system problems.

The Process prevention. At present RivaTuner decrease its own right of entry privileges subsequent to startup to protect simple user mode memory scanners from right of entry RivaTuner's procedure virtual memory. This defensive technique is enabled by defaulting, but it be capable of be disabled by setting prevent procedure registry entry to 0. MMIO protection. At present RivaTuner hides MMIO range into kernel mode address space as an alternative of user mode address space to protect several additional user mode submission forms accessing hardware inappropriately.

You have to understand that the preventive techniques determined to cause side effects such as increased CPU load even to those who by no means play PunkBuster prevented multiplayer games, but regrettably you can observe no additional ways of preventing software reputation against inexperienced gamers spreading rumors about RivaTuner unsteadiness. It you do not play multiplayer PunkBuster protected games or if you are not exaggerated by crashing caused by it then it is strongly suggested to put out of action the entire the protections mentioned.