Thread: RivaTuner vs EVGA Precision

RivaTuner vs EVGA Precision

I recently got my GTX 260, which one is supposed to I utilize it for over clocking and fan speed control. Even when I am working on 3d applications, the effectiveness is always reporting my fan at 40%. It merely goes to 100% if I physically facilitate the fan control and shift it there. The temperatures go down a small number of degrees when I do this. Is this a problem. I presently got my innovative 260 216 installed and wondered if the EVGA exactitude program would run with the BFG card. I did not desire to mess anything up if it would not. I would like to monitor card temps and possibly fan speed. I had been using the exactitude program in view of the fact that it came out.

Re: RivaTuner vs EVGA Precision

If you are having a single card, then you have to go with the EVGA exactitude, runs like eVGA exactitude for nVidia Cards and Rivatuner for ATi cards.r riva tuner and exactitude are together coded by "unwinder". How regarding ATItraytools for those ATI cards, and RivaTuner (named subsequent to nVidia's extremely first successful GPU, the RivaTNT, and been approximately almost as long) for those nvidia cards. And yes unwinder does try to hold up ATI cards, but that is not his focus. IMO moreover one runs well. The unwinder has done a superior job with together. You individually lean toward rivatuner yourself. The version 2.20 is in beta testing right at present and unwinder is adding multi card overclocking and fan control with this version.

I actually love eVGA exactitude for my GTX260 fantastic simple fan/clock speed settings that are simple to load on startup and the app has a comparatively low memory footprint if used as a startup item. I still might shift to Rivatuner for an "all in one" submission, eVGA exactitude is pleasant for clocking, but Rivatuner does that and additional. If you desire additional simple right of entry flexibility then Nvidia's driver control panel presents and the capability to OC your card then go Rivatuner for sure.

It is very nice to use it and the second reason for it that I am using it is. It has an auto fan control based on a variety of system properties similar to GPU temp. And its capability to independently control multiple video cards (you can also use the SLI) and it is very simple to use.

The fan speed is not going to differ unless the GPU temperature rises on top of an assured level, it determines to stay at regarding 40%. If your case is well cooled it's an opportunity that your fan speed would not rise at the entire at the same time as gaming. You have to run FurMark fullscreen for 20 minutes or so and you expect that fan starts ramping up to 40% seems high for the defaulting setting though - your consideration mine ran the fan approximately 22% or so on Auto. Then you can definitely move it UP to 40% when you want to physical control.

The most excellent you be able to locate is evga's exactitude but that like riva tuner is still a fixed which is a passable explanation. I am working at present core (575)675/ mem (2000)2400 with the fan at 63% runs regarding 50c in hl2e2 with the whole thing full + vsync 60C with vsync off so far thats the most excellent balance of noise vs respectable clock.oh and affairs in riva tuner reports the bios defaulting levels for fan increase are higher than the temps it starts artifacting at perceptibly they do a lot of testing still attractive sweet card for the money £202, nice add in on the physix too.