Thread: How to overclock a Dell optiplex GS 110

How to overclock a Dell optiplex GS 110

I have a computer which has Windows XP. I have a "Dell Optiplex GS 110 733mhz p3". So i wanted to Overclock it to increase it to 800mhz. If it is possible then please tell me the method which can be done by the Bios. I wanted to play the game which i have on my computer by overclocking. And also if there is any manual available for overclocking then please provide me. Thanking in advance..

Re: How to overclock a Dell optiplex GS 110

There is no reason to overclock a Dell Pentium III 733MHz to 800MHz. First thing is that you will find that there is no difference after overclocking. The second thing is that you can not do it with the help of the BIOS. And the third thing is that it will by doing this it will lose your Dell's warranty peroid that you have. If you want to play game on your computer then you need to have all the requirements for playing games.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Most of the dell computers they have very bad bios options. So i think overclocking is not possible. Most of the older dell's that i have worked on, i noticed that it only had like three options in the bios that is date, boot device, reset, etc. i don't that it is possible to overclock with the bios. The best thing is that you can have some different board or better than that or a better computer. The 800 mhz. is not so that fast.

As there are most of the them they have said that it is not going to be worth to do, it is not worth to use your efforts to attempt an overclock on your machine. This is old and ofcourse it is even a 66mhz increase which will do the next to nothing as far as related to the performance goes. If you want to speed up your multasking on your computer then you need to more free system memory that is your only option left.

I think there are some way by which you can overclock your system and then you can increase the speed. I was able to get my 733mhz cpu to run it at the 1000mhz speed with only 512mb of ram in it. So if you search it for the procedure on the google serch then you can have all the settings and also there are some tools which can help our system to overclock and run faster than the previous one.