Thread: Help needed for gpu stress test

Help needed for gpu stress test

Now I am using the Prime95 to stress test my CPU but I don't know that it is best utility. Actually I wanted some information about the stress testing a GPU.!! Is there any program that can be used to stress the GPU. So thought to take some advice from you guys.!! Please provide some information about the GPU stress test. Hoping that someone would reply me soon.

Re: Help needed for gpu stress test

I would like to recommend you to use the FurMark for the Test of Stability of Graphics. The only thing you will have to keep in mind that you should keep a keen watch on the temperature throughout the test. If you are using the graphic card of GeForce, then you should know that a GeForce has three different clocks we’re going to change: GPU clock, Shader clock and Memory clock.

I think that you should have to know better about the FurMark. FurMark benchmark is OpenGL that uses rendering algorithms fur to measure the performance of the graphics card. Rendering fur is made specially for adapting an overheat to the GPU and therefore FurMark is also a perfect tool for stability test (also called GPU burner) for the graphics card. The benchmark offers several options to resolve rendering: windowed mode or full screen, select the number of samples (MSAA) for anti-aliasing filter, window size, duration of the benchmark.

While talking about the FurMark, the startup interface allows you to set the following options :
    • Benchmark mode or stability test mode (for overclockers)
    • Monitoring and recording the temperature of the GPU in a file
    • Full screen or windowed for each type of run mode
    • Selecting the window size (standard or custom)
    • Select number of known samples MSAA
    • Parameters of the benchmark: time-based or frame-based
    • Fashion Competition

FurMark 1.4.0 introduces the parameters that works on the command line to control how FurMark is launched. For more information see the various settings: the settings in line Ordering FurMark. The following command line starts FurMark with the default settings :
    • C: \ () FurMark Directory> start FurMark.exe / run_mode = 1 / max_time = 60000 / width = 1280 / height = 1024 / MSAA = 0 / nogui / fullscreen

Overclocking your graphics card will allow you to get the most out of your card for free! You can expect a gain up to 10%. You should also know about the basic things, so I am discussing about it. Overclocking a graphics card is an easy operation : find the max graphics card’s clocks that keep the video card stable. To find these max clocks, you need two utilities, mentioned as follows :
    • RivaTuner: RivaTuner will allow you to changes graphics card clocks.
    • FurMark: will allow you to burn the graphics card to check stability.