Thread: How many processes do you have running

How many processes do you have running

Hi all,

I am using windows 7, I used to run plenty of extra apps, my tray bar was appealing full, calendars, system info software and many drivers. But then I got crunch into by a minimalist bug got tired of regularly trying to manage organization applications and decided to cut down a bit, slowly, I ended up with this. I have the icon hidden. I usually have 28-30 processes management from the start up. I could survive on 1GB, easily, maybe even 512MB. So I want to know that how many processes do you have running. Please suggest.

Re: How many processes do you have running

I got 70 processes now, but the the majority I’ve see is about 100, the least is about 16 and Safe mode, don't remember. From time to time i got 4 games organization at one time with in 80 processes, along with 6 videos in performance at one time and 20 I.E windows, all users logged on that is 3 and running videos too and mp3s on stage also, then I would toggle users and test my speed. That’s when I’m testing my system, shock me that it still runs smooth, its custom built by me. So check it out and reply.

How many processes you can run on the machine is read out by the upper amount of memory each process takes; reel up one process, then run a assortment of memory-hungry actions that ones that retrieve and process a lot of data, classically against it with a sensible data set. if you just use a toy data set for testing, say 50 or 100 rows, then if one of your events retrieve and manipulate every row in the table it won't be a good dimension for when that table grows to 10,000 rows to see what the memory usage pop out to. You can unnaturally constrain your per-process memory usage with a script that reaps workers that arrive at a certain memory usage entry at the risk of causing malicious problems if you set that entry too low. All the best.

Once you've get your memory use figure, you take away some amount of memory for system overhead (I like 512MB myself), subtract a stack more if you've got other processes running on the same machine (like a database), and then some additional to make sure you don't run out of disk supply space (depends on your disk working set size, but once more I'd go with no less than 512MB). That's the amount of memory that you split by your per-process memory usage to get the ceiling. Check and reply.

In computing, a process is an case of a computer program that is individual executed. It contains the plan code and its present activity. Depending on the operating system, a procedure may be made up of many threads of execution that perform instructions concurrently. A computer program is a inert collection of instructions, a process is the real execution of those instructions. some processes may be linked with the same program; for example, opening up a number of instances of the same program a lot means more than one process is being executed. All the best.