Thread: Hardware support for overclocking

Hardware support for overclocking

I want to overclock on my old machine just for a testing purpose. Although everything on the old computer is degraded. What here I am doing is trying to figure out the minimum need and the hardware requirement which are beneficial for over clocking. What are the different needs for the same in the matter of CPU, ram and motherboards.

Re: Hardware support for overclocking

So far, Intel produces the CPUs with the maximum superiority; for this reason the possibility of a successful over clocking is maximum with Intel CPUs. In case you wish for to overclock a Pentium 133, try to keep away from the 'SY022'. 33% of the Pentium 133 with this S-spec has been put out of action for multiplier settings of additional than x2. In my record there are 22 of 66 entries with the 'SY022', where the CPU would not maintain multipliers of x2.5 and x3. A diminutive numeral of SU073 also seem to suffer from the similar problem.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Make certain that your Pentium is not faked. If you can cover off a black label underneath the CPU, it is absolutely a re-marked one. In this case your CPU is the largest part probable previously overclocked. The excellence of the motherboard is critical for victorious overclocking. Due to the fact that the CPU generate smaller amount 'clean' signals in overclocked mode, indication and additional flaws on the bus can cause the system to crash or hang. The invalidate location is also true - in overclocked method the CPU is additional sensitive to unstable signals from the bus and will crash if the motherboard cannot deliver clean signals.

Always go for a recognized motherboard. You will have to make a decision if you desire to go for a superior bus speed or if you will stick to an upper limit of 66 MHz. Motherboards with 75 MHz bus speed maintain are hard to find and motherboards with 83 MHz bus speed maintain are even additional rare. Refer to the 75-83 MHz Bus Speed development to find out which boards maintain these superior bus speeds. Read in The Bus Speed Guide why bus speed is so significant.

The board is supposed to perceptibly maintain an extensive variety of CPU provide voltages. Minimum are 3.3 and 3.45 V, for STD and VRE voltage. If you desire to utilize P55C, M2 (the new M1/6x86), or the new K5/K6 CPUs, you will necessitate to maintain for 'split voltage'. This represent that the core of the CPU necessitate a lower deliver of the voltage than the I/O ports of the CPU. The most recent boards all maintain 2.5 up to 2.9 V in 0.1 Volt steps. If the board presents you an even higher voltage than 3.45 as well, you be supposed to be happy, because this may be the final trick to get your CPU productively overclocked.

You resolve to have the regard as decent RAM if you desire to work your system at bus speeds of additional than 66 MHz. If you desire to work an HX board, such as the Asus P/I-P55T2P4 at 83 MHz bus speed, you will necessitate high-end EDO. I have knowledgeable myself, that the marking of the RAM is less significant than its brand. My administrator 45ns EDO is not as steady as Fredi's 60ns EDO of a superior brand. I will try to find out the most excellent brands of RAM, but so far I know Siemens and obviously Micron to be of exceptional superiority.