Thread: Ensuring System Stability after Overclocking

Ensuring System Stability after Overclocking

I want to overclock my system for a graphic software to work properly. I want to use Cinema HD software for designing purpose. When I run this software some effects lags and take times to work. A slight overclocking and fix my issue. My System configuration is Core 2 Duo processor, 1GB RAM, Intel Motherboard, Windows 7, etc. But the thing which matters here is the system stability in long term working. How does overclocking will effect my system stability.

Re: Ensuring System Stability after Overclocking

At startup, go into the BIOS by pressing del. Activate the control of the FSB (force it to 267 MHz instead of 266 original). Save and exit. Now start Windows. Run CPUZ and SetFSB. In SetFSB, be sure to select the PLL for your motherboard. Also in SetFSB, click on Get FSB then move the cursor primary (top) to the right of way to reach 292Mhz FSB (= 10% overclocking). Apply changes with Set FSB, and see the new 292Mhz FSB is implemented in CPU-Z. You will get teh stability information.

To get a proper result of system stability you can use OCCT.Run OCCT and test of 30 minutes. If after 30 minutes it did not detect any errors, then that means that your system is stable. If it is not stable then back down a bit your FSB and retest. This means that you have a misconfiguration of your RAM and if you want to go further, you should read the second part where you learn to adjust your memory.

Here I have Gigabyte board. To set the proper bios settings I had entered the value of FSB 320. After a restart I overclocked the processor and it works fine. The PC does not look in the mood of crashing. To get a stable system in this you have to ensure proper settings of BIOS. Otherwise there can be major system errors and also damages.

In case of boot problems, you need to do a Clear CMOS. The main solution for this is to move a jumper on the motherboard PC off and put it back in place as shown in the manual of your motherboard. This will effectively put all the default settings. There are different settings of jumper which is well mentioned in the motherboard manual. Do that and see.

Core 2 Duo processors are really made for overclocking. There are dedicated processors which comes with inbuilt overclocking option. You can set that directly from the BIOS of your computer. That looks real easy for me but on the same hand it is very costly. Overclocking and give out a major damage to your computer, so that must be done on your own risk.

BIOS configuration can give you a long-term stability of your system. Using any third party software and manipulating your system can cause serious damages. I will not recommend you to really use any application for overclocking. What you do here is get upgrade for your system specially designed for overclocking so that you cannot spoil the systems performance.