Thread: Does Core 2 Duo is fit for overclocking

Does Core 2 Duo is fit for overclocking

Hi,
    To play a 3D game my friend installed a overclocking software in my computer. He played the game and then put back the settings to normal. Now I want to do the same. My system configuration is Core 2 Duo processor with 2GB of RAM and Windows XP. I need some tips that does Core 2 Duo process are fit for this. What should be consider before performing overclocking.

Re: Does Core 2 Duo is fit for overclocking

Core 2 Duo processors are robust, powerful, dual core, warming slightly, and have everything what is needed for overclocking. The Core 2 Duo also has a great quality they are clearly under-exploited when they go to their frequency of certification. Therefore we can take advantage of this and maximize the frequency of our dear Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad instead.

You must understand some terms to overclock your processor. Like the frequency which is the number of times an action occurs per second. It is expressed in Hertz (Hz). Many overclocking software shows the output in this manner. Overclocking (overclocking literally) is a practice of Increasing the frequency of a computer to make it faster. You can perform overclocking on C2D processor but for limited time only.

The goal of overclocking is always the same which is to Improve its computing power. An increase in the timeliness of your processor Allows any machine to be more swift and Thus the user perspective, to have reduced waiting times and Increased responsiveness of the machine. But regular overclocking of processor reduce the lifetime of a CPU.

Overclocking reflects the principle lines of frequency that the processor manufacturer (called depth) allows himself. You should know that a full range of processors is based on only one or two processors. For example, the Core 2 Duo with 4MB cache E63xx, E64xx, E66xx, E67xx and X6800 have exactly the same: they just are clocked at different frequencies depending on the testing process kept secret by Intel. The smelter produces Therefore not really a single core (heart processor). According to the frequencies obtained stable goal and also especially after the client request, it all CLASSIFIED cores produced in various frequency ranges.

Try to overclock your processor using Riva Tuner. Secondly keep a CPU status checker application on your desktop to check weather your system is not overheating and the function is working properly. Because performing overclocking over limit can cause your processor to crash and dead. So that remains on your own risk. Core 2 Processor are not usually made for overclocking.