Thread: Component involved in water cooling

Component involved in water cooling

I have a very less budget. What happen I had spended a lot amount in upgrading my computer new hard drive, ram, graphic card, etc with windows 7. a heavy processor was also in the list. Now what happen I had found that that gaming computers need a good cooling system and water cooling is the best for them. So I what to know how to make my won water cooling if I cannot afford to buy. What are the component involved in water cooling.

Re: Component involved in water cooling

The water pump is the easiest to find - just go to your nearest fish shop or pet shop and ask for a submersible water pump. It's the most expensive component in my water cooling setup. Get at least 200 gallon/hour water pump. Mine is a 270 gallon/hour pump, suitable for a water cooling system. Such submersible types indeed do heat up water a little, by 1-2°C.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Many of my friends ask when they saw the water, What the hell is that yellowish liquid. It is just normal tap water with some anti-rust. (In the picture, it looks like white, but in real life, it's yellowish). This is the anti-rust liquid I use for my water cooling system. As you can see, the water block is welded, which cannot be done on copper. This is the reason why steel was used. It is painted with red oxide anti-corrosive paint. I did not paint the contact part, just in case it acts as an insulator.

This is not a absolute or total cooling system. Without the radiator, temperature will rise slowly as long as the PC is turned on. There is another alternative for system without radiator, use a big water tank. Using bigger tank, the water will have enough time to cool down to room temperature before being heated again by the processor.

To make a good water cooling system, the heat from the processor must be transferred to the water block and then to the water. The radiator must be cooled with fans to lower the water temperature. So, the best water cooling system will bring down the water temperature to room temperature, unless a peltier is used. Water cooling is not for novice users. If you attempt to build one yourself and destroy your system, do not blame anyone you are responsible for the same.

It is better that you switch with those cabinets which are equipped with water cooling system. This will cost some more money. But that worth you because of the system requirement you have. And if you plan to build that on your own then this not for sure that your system will be up all the time. There can be hardware flaws due to lack of knowledge in it. This are some of the component involved in water cooling.